Conflicting advice from Mara registered agents

Robwilliams1983

Hi

I have been told conflicting advice by 2 different Mara registered agents for a 189 visa, which to believe?

I did a carpentry apprenticeship from 1st September 2004 to 31 August 2009 i have had a successful skills assesment resulting in an AQF III in carpentry.

i have been told by one that I can claim work experience from September 2007 up to 1 june 2012 when I started my new role as a estimator. Also I can then include my time in this new role as its a career path of a carpenter as stated on the master builders of australia website.

Another one has told me that I am entiltled to zero years of work experience and I cant claim experience in my latest role as I havent been working as a carpenter for 12 months out of the last 36 months.

i dont fancy having to redo the ielts to get 20 points otherwise.

any help is grateful rather than paying for the visa fee and finding out i have done it wrong and getting it refused.

i can be sponsored by my wifes brither but been told that the 489 visa is a bad choice and not many are invited per month with a long waiting list.

I would say the 2nd agent.

You can't claim for time as an apprentice, and then you didn't work a full 3 years once the apprenticeship finished and started new role. I wouldn't say an carpenter and estimator would be closely related enough for DIBP to claim points.

I would re-sit the IELTS and not risk your application fee which will not be returned if application is refused ans you haven't engaged the services from the first migration agent then you have no come back if you follow their advice and your application is refused.

Archived