Parent Visa, where to start?

Philly

Hi all

I am looking for some basic info on how to move my mother to Oz. I am a only child with no brothers or sisters, my father passed away and my mother is on her own so it would only be for her.

She owns her own house in the UK and has some money in the bank but by no means well off, she wants to work when she comes over too.

I'd really like info on cost of visa, which visa to go for and timeframes on the visas.

is the best way to get e temporary visa first to allow her to stay and work here for 2 years whilst applying for the permenant visa?

i have PR and will have lived here in Perth for 2 years in August.

i really appreciate any idvice on the subject. TIA

If your mother applies for a temporary subclass 173 Contributory Parent visa followed by a permanent 143 CPV, the total cost spread over 3 or 4 years is currently $51245. Current processing time is 18-24 months for each visa.

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/parent-outside.htm Offshore Parent visa options

If she applies for a 143 CPV from the outset, the total cost is $47120 - $3520 when applying and $43600 before the visa is granted.

In addition to the above, a $10000, 10 year Assurance of Support bond is also required before a permanent visa is granted.

The above costs could all rise on or before 1 July with little (if any) warning.

Edited by Ozmaniac

Hi Alan

my mother is 58. We would like to use an agent so that I know it is all going to be done correctly. I just want a good idea of the costs. I have heard of go Matilda and if you hav a number I could call or email, I would be happy to get in touch.