Just arrived on the gold coast.

dpsmithy

Hi everyone. I'm new to this site today. i have just arrived from the uk on a working holiday visa. I'm living on the gold coast at the moment. I will be travelling around for a couple of week and then hope to find some work. I'm keen to find some work and also play some football ( soccer?!?!) can anyone help me.

Thanks

Dan

Hi Dan welcome to the forum

Check out our backpacker section and also our Facebook page - Australia Backpackers 2014 - 2015 you should fine others like yourself who may want to catch up with like minded travelers, good luck and good to see you brought the sun our for us after 2 days of rain,lol...

Cal x

I play a lot of indoor football in Brisbane. Not sure how many places there are at the Gold Coast? Would contact a place where it is played at the Gold Coast and put your name down as a reserve, lots of fill ins regularly required because of work commitments etc, they may even be able to find you a team who is struggling with numbers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi All,

I am due to move to the Gold Coast next month. I'm thinking about playing again after having a year off last year. I was playing in the over 35 B grade in Sydney. I had a look at football clubs in Gold Coast but they don't seem to have very many for us older blokes? I'll be looking around the Robina or Burleigh area as that's where I'll be based. Not sure how old you guys are? If you're up for a game or a beer PM me.

S

Archived