skilled immigrant - first look for a job or for an accommodation ?

Clankaroo

Hi,

I am moving to Sydney in February with a skilled immigrant visa. What should I do first : look for a job or look for an accommodation ?

I'm thinking about looking first for a job but if it takes too much time I will have not enough time to look for an apartment before the end of my stay in a serviced apartment. Moreover after having accepted a job I will have less time to look for an accommodation, visits, etc. and from what I have read here it's not easy..

What did you do if you came here without having first a job offer ?

Thanks

Perhaps you could extend your stay at the serviced appartment, whilst you are looking for a job, or move into a hostel for a couple of weeks? If you get somewhere nice to live, close to public transport, you might have to put up with a longer commute than you would otherwise like, but then again, not everybody wants to live as close to their work as they can.

Do you have any idea of the part of the city you might be working? What field are you in?

Your best to stay in temporary accommodation for 3 to 4 weeks and search for work. If you get a good response look for more permanent accommodation , if you dont get any response in 3 or 4 weeks, look for temporary accommodation elsewhere and search there.

Cal x

Archived