Landsborough or mooloolah valley

rebeccagreen

Hi all,

We've been Northside of brisbane for 10 months now, but looking for somewhere with a more 'village' feel. We've narrowed it down to landsborough or mooloolah valley. Anyone in either? Good and bad points? We have a 4 year old son and 1 year old daughter so schools, community and clubs are important to us.

Thanks,

Rebecca

Landsborough is a bit bogan so I've been told my more than one person here - head up the hill to Maleny instead, beautiful.

Mooloolaba lovely.

If you or your partner are commuting into Brisbane daily then forget it...traffic too bad from either location.

Have you thought about North Lakes? If you can get on the road at 6am from there you can get into the city in 40 minutes to an hour. And closer to Sunshine Coast.

Mooloolah Valley isn't Mooloolaba, it is inland of coloundra by 20 mins or so. Looked ok enough? Didn't look that upermarket, personally I would prefer Buderim.

We did wonder about landsborough being perhaps a little bogan. We love mooloolaba but don't want to live on the coast, def want a little village and the coast is just a bit too busy for us full time. I know people love North lakes, we live 5 minutes down the road in narangba, but it is not for us. Not fans of new builds and master plan communities. The good thing about landsborough and mooloolah valley is that both have train stations as husband does work in brisbane so he'll commute.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived