Converting Visitor Visa to Working Holiday

DeePee

Good evening,

Would anyone have information (or experience) regarding converting a visitors visa to a working holiday visa.

Is it even possible?

I've looked on the immigration website however cant find anything relevant info.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

From having a quick look at the DIBP website, it appears that you need to be outside Australia when you apply for the WHV, so if you are currently in Australia on a tourist visa, you may have to leave in order to apply. I found that info here http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/417.aspx. I suspect that the WHV's are processed quickly however, so you may be able to go over for a short break to NZ or somewhere whilst you apply/it is processed.

Hopefully someone who knows a bit more about it will be along soon.

Thanks LKC.

Found the same info, if the application was submitted and granted whilst the person was still in Australia, could they then have a return flight to NZ to activate the WHV?

Doesn't work like that they system will know that you are in Australia when you apply, and the application will be invalid you would need to reapply and likely you will not get the application fee refunded.. You must be offshore to apply and be granted the visa, majority of the time with no criminal history and medical issues these visas are granted within 24 hrs.

Archived