rpl

Guest guest101064

Guest guest101064

Hi guys looking into doing an rpl does anyone know if I do this do I also need to do a skills assessment through tra or is the rpl enough??

THANKS

Guest guest101064
Hi

nicjimcatmia182, I'm assuming you are referring to the 457 skills assessment? TRA assessment depends on which passport country you hold and nominated occupation. Please see list of occupations and countries here:

http://www.tradesrecognitionaustralia.gov.au/Programs/457/Pages/Eligibility.aspx

Hi no it was the 189 independent visa I thought I needed I spoke to TRA today and they said that the rpl is enough yo have my application assessed but it is up to the immigration dept if they want a skills test aswell ??

Not sure ifnthisnis correct or not!

Cheers

Hi, please see section 2.8.4 RPL of the TRA guidelines: https://www.migrationexpert.com.au/applications/TRA_Guidelines.pdf

The following is RPL eligibility:

"Skilled employment prior to the issuance of an AQF qualification may be recognised if the employment:

a) is directly related to the nominated occupation

b) commenced after the applicant’s 16th birthday

c) includes a minimum of three (3) years full-time (or equivalent) paid employment under the direct supervision of a tradesperson/employer (an informal training period) before an additional three years full-time (or equivalent) paid employment has been completed at the required skill level for the occupation.

Skilled employment undertaken prior to and after the issuance of an AQF qualification will be considered to meet the three year requirement."

In section 2.4, if you meet the RPL criteria above after being assessed by the RTO you will immediately satisfy (b), © and maybe (d) depending on your level of experience - this is appears to be what the TRA was referring to. Once you meet (a) & (e), you will have a positive skills assessment for your EOI. Having equivalent qualifications is one of the requirements.

All the best with your application! :)

Hi no it was the 189 independent visa I thought I needed I spoke to TRA today and they said that the rpl is enough yo have my application assessed but it is up to the immigration dept if they want a skills test aswell ??

Not sure ifnthisnis correct or not!

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

hi! i just want to know if your RPL alone is enough without having go through Vetassess? Because my husband awarded an AQF3 certificate through RPL by a different institution here in Australia, im just wondering if we can use that in our application for PR (190), or he must passed Vetassess ?

hi! i just want to know if your RPL alone is enough without having go through Vetassess? Because my husband awarded an AQF3 certificate through RPL by a different institution here in Australia, im just wondering if we can use that in our application for PR (190), or he must passed Vetassess ?

Hi leah28, it depends on the occupation. Which occupation is your husband nominating?

Archived