457 - Current processing times

tbk

Congrats Kevin!

Gosh I'm still waiting for mine!!! Just a few questions:

1. May I know your occupation and where are you headed to?

2. Did they approve of your visa application or is it just for the nomination?

3. What sort of medicals? I thought it was just chest xray?

Thanks!

1. I'm Finance Broker and heading to Sydney.

2. Just Nomination Approved. Now waiting for visa approval.

3. Normal exams, nothing special, no blood test. Some pp has only chest xray but some other would asked to take health examination. I dont really get it. Maybe it depends on country or area.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks.

I am headed to Sydney too as an Account Manager. Mine was lodged on May 5 with additional info submitted on June 22. So far it is still in "progress." I can't believe that it is taking too long. My colleague's application last year only took 3 weeks.

Hi Nikki,

I'm not using an MA too. Lodgment done on 14JUL (SYDNEY, NSW).

It also says no further action required for Medical.

Current status still showing received.... Hoping and praying it will come out soon.

Really frustrating waiting for some action!

Fingers crossed they don't ask for further information. I emailed the 457 address last night and the automated response With current processing times said it take up to 50 working days to be allocated a CO before the advised 8 weeks processing time.

i lodged my application from the UK, hope that doesn't delay it.

nikki

Thanks.

I am headed to Sydney too as an Account Manager. Mine was lodged on May 5 with additional info submitted on June 22. So far it is still in "progress." I can't believe that it is taking too long. My colleague's application last year only took 3 weeks.

As you can see above, there're cases that took 4 months for nomination only. I feel a bit luck cause my nomination took 3 months n a week :) I wouldn't be surprised if my visa takes another 3 months @_@ Anyway, keep your finger crossed and fighting man. There's light in the other side of tunnel ^^

Fingers crossed they don't ask for further information. I emailed the 457 address last night and the automated response With current processing times said it take up to 50 working days to be allocated a CO before the advised 8 weeks processing time.

nikki

Has your employers nomination been approved yet? [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harriet-

yeah it was approved on the 17th of June according to my employer. Does that make it quicker?! Haha just want to hear anything positive!

nikki

No idea! It seems there can be lots of different factors.

How come you left such a long time between nomination approval and putting in the visa application? The waiting period would probably only count from when you submitted the visa but atleast your nomination has been approved. Next step should be grant, it just depends where in the queue it is or who's desk it ends up on?

I've been quite unlucky with my timeframes unfortunately so id hate to get someone's hopes up when I know how it feels to wait a very long time.

Try to prepare yourself for a wait just incase.

Been 16 weeks and still no word on my nomination (after 9 weeks wait employer was asked for further info) still waiting [emoji20]

No idea! It seems there can be lots of different factors.

How come you left such a long time between nomination approval and putting in the visa application? The waiting period would probably only count from when you submitted the visa but atleast your nomination has been approved. Next step should be grant, it just depends where in the queue it is or who's desk it ends up on?

I've been quite unlucky with my timeframes unfortunately so id hate to get someone's hopes up when I know how it feels to wait a very long time.

Try to prepare yourself for a wait just incase.

Been 16 weeks and still no word on my nomination (after 9 weeks wait employer was asked for further info) still waiting [emoji20]

I had to wait for my AHPRA (nurse) registration to come through before submitting my visa application, that took 6 months! I had to attach my AHPRA registration in principle letter as proof of my skill.

Oh no you have waited so long, hopefully your nomination and visa will be granted at the same time. Fingers crossed for you!

Hi everyone, been following this thread for a while and found it really helpful thank you. I thought I would share my positive experience. My 457 application took 5wks in total which seems really quick after reading some other posts. I'm a Nurse and already in Australia so I applied onshore and did not use a MA. I did however triple check my application and made sure I attached every piece of evidence on the application checklist and included extra information. For example under qualifications I attached my degree but also included a transcript of training from my Uni. Here is my timeline:

19th July - application submitted

21st July - asked to attend medical (medical exam, cxr, blood tests)

22nd July - attended medical

25th July - medical results uploaded to immi account and cleared later that day

23rd August - visa granted

13th step - start new job wehey!

Good Luck to everyone still waiting or about to apply. It can sometimes go smoothly x

Dec. 2015 stil wating high rick off shor

file log. Dec. 2015

medical/Acknowledgement 13 jan 2016

19 may 2016 Nomination approved

8 jul documents for the employer

((man india punjab tu ha koi hor v aa jo india/punjab tu hove plzzz msg karo )

Dec. 2015 stil wating high rick off shor

file log. Dec. 2015

medical/Acknowledgement 13 jan 2016

19 may 2016 Nomination approved

8 jul documents for the employer

((man india punjab tu ha koi hor v aa jo india/punjab tu hove plzzz msg karo )

Same here

Hi everyone, been following this thread for a while and found it really helpful thank you. I thought I would share my positive experience. My 457 application took 5wks in total which seems really quick after reading some other posts. I'm a Nurse and already in Australia so I applied onshore and did not use a MA. I did however triple check my application and made sure I attached every piece of evidence on the application checklist and included extra information. For example under qualifications I attached my degree but also included a transcript of training from my Uni. Here is my timeline:

19th July - application submitted

21st July - asked to attend medical (medical exam, cxr, blood tests)

22nd July - attended medical

25th July - medical results uploaded to immi account and cleared later that day

23rd August - visa granted

13th step - start new job wehey!

Good Luck to everyone still waiting or about to apply. It can sometimes go smoothly x

Hi uknurse,

May I ask where is your location for the visa? I guess in Victoria instead of Queensland?

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

nikki

My nomination is still pending too -no request from Immi regarding additional info or anything yet.

I have emailed them last week and got a reply today

"Your application will be assessed this week" - so I'm really hoping it will be the outcome we all wanted. :)

My nomination is still pending too -no request from Immi regarding additional info or anything yet.

I have emailed them last week and got a reply today

"Your application will be assessed this week" - so I'm really hoping it will be the outcome we all wanted. :)

Hi Chowder,

From the reply of IMMI to you, do they mean your nomination or your visa application ?

Did your nomination go through a MA?

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

Hi Chowder,

From the reply of IMMI to you, do they mean your nomination or your visa application ?

Did your nomination go through a MA?

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

I think it will be for both as the nomination is not yet approved too. Here is the complete reply:

"Your application will be assessed this week."

"The nomination that was lodged on your behalf is still outstanding. We will not be able to progress your application until the nomination is finalised"

My HR didn't use an MA. She lodge the nomination on her end and I lodge the Visa.

So I'm happy about the "to be assessed this week" note but worried about the "nomination is still outstanding"

I think it will be for both as the nomination is not yet approved too. Here is the complete reply:

"Your application will be assessed this week."

"The nomination that was lodged on your behalf is still outstanding. We will not be able to progress your application until the nomination is finalised"

My HR didn't use an MA. She lodge the nomination on her end and I lodge the Visa.

So I'm happy about the "to be assessed this week" note but worried about the "nomination is still outstanding"

Hi Chowder, how long have you been waiting so far?

Archived