457 - Current processing times

tbk

Ours went in 3rd February. Still nothing. Be prepared for a long wait ahead, they seem to be behind this year (apart from the occasional very quick result). I'm British but my wife is SA, so that could be slowing us down.

Has your nomination been approved yet? And has your new employer sponsored before?

Mine hasn't, so I'm fully expecting for a 3 month wait!

Does any one have any advice as to when they started packing up/selling houses etc? We are totally stuck with when to start?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Also, we are from the UK with myself, husband and 2 children on the application

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone been reading this thread for a while so wanted to share my timeline.

Nomination and visa application - 4 Feb

Nomination approved - 5 May (13 weeks later)

Visa approved - 19 May (15 weeks later)

Low risk country (UK) applying on shore (Melbourne) for a reputable company that have sponsored before. So the 12 week estimate seems to really be minimum at the moment rather than maximum. Good luck everyone, stay patient :)

Hey everyone been reading this thread for a while so wanted to share my timeline.

Nomination and visa application - 4 Feb

Nomination approved - 5 May (13 weeks later)

Visa approved - 19 May (15 weeks later)

Low risk country (UK) applying on shore (Melbourne) for a reputable company that have sponsored before. So the 12 week estimate seems to really be minimum at the moment rather than maximum. Good luck everyone, stay patient :)

Congratulations !

This thread is very helpful!!

I am currently at a bit of a cross roads as to what I should do. I have recently secured a job with 457 sponsorship from a University who has sponsored before. My current 573 visa has a little over a month left to run, and it seems I wont be starting my new role until the 457 has been granted.

Given that its at the very early stages, I am not sure if my best course of action would be to return to the UK and submit my visa application, or continue sitting tight here in Sydney paying crazy rent with no work.

With the process taking a minimum of 12 weeks from what I have seen on here, I am leaning towards returning home to keep costs down and taking the opportunity to see some friends and family.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

What a great news this afternoon....Visa granted for me and my partner.

My timeline:

From: India (High Risk Country as per DIBP Visa processing rule)

Applying onshore.

Nomination/Visa lodged - 29th of Jan 2016

Nomination approved - 15th of March 2016

Asked to fill form 1221

Visa granted : 20th May 2016

Tool long but good news when needed.

Best of luck guys and Thanks for your support.

Thanks.

Hi everyone!

This is my first time posting but I've been stalking the thread for a little while now!

My timeline so far.........

29/02/16 application submitted

05/03/16 info & medical requested (info supplied same day)

12/03/16 medical (including blood tests)

Nothing since, immi account just says processing.....

I'm onshore, from a low risk country (UK) and sponsor has done so before - patience isn't one of my virtues

Has your nomination been approved yet? And has your new employer sponsored before?

Mine hasn't, so I'm fully expecting for a 3 month wait!

Does any one have any advice as to when they started packing up/selling houses etc? We are totally stuck with when to start?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Also, we are from the UK with myself, husband and 2 children on the application

Hi,

yes they've sponsored before. Nope, nomination not approved yet. Up to 16 weeks now. We are going a little crazy.

Hopefully after (if?) nomination approved the turn around to the visa is quick...

Hi,

yes they've sponsored before. Nope, nomination not approved yet. Up to 16 weeks now. We are going a little crazy.

Hopefully after (if?) nomination approved the turn around to the visa is quick...

Ahh I can imagine! Have you followed up or

Anything? Surely u can as you are out of the standard service times

Every ones case is totally different though isn't it, unfortunately I think we all just have to wait it out [emoji1304]

Hi everyone!

This is my first time posting but I've been stalking the thread for a little while now!

My timeline so far.........

29/02/16 application submitted

05/03/16 info & medical requested (info supplied same day)

12/03/16 medical (including blood tests)

Nothing since, immi account just says processing.....

I'm onshore, from a low risk country (UK) and sponsor has done so before - patience isn't one of my virtues

Are you a nurse or something having to supply blood tests ?

Hey guys, I've been following this thread for a while however a new user! :) Just wanted to share my current timeline on the 457.

SBS Approved: 01/02/2016

Nomination lodged: 17/03/2016

Application lodged: 29/03/2016

Nomination approved (and CO allocated): 18/05/2016

Additional docs requested: 18/05/16

Additional docs submitted back to CO: 20/05/2016

Now waiting....

Applied onshore in Melbourne, I'm from the UK. The only additional docs I was asked for was proof of Health Insurance, I enrolled in Medicare last week and provided the temporary enrolment card they give you, waiting to hear if that's sufficient and if not my MA will assist in me taking out temp health cover...

She's emailed the CO to see if this evidence is sufficient...hate the waiting! :) I'm hoping that because the only additional docs they requested is the health cover that the rest should be all okay?... Anyone in the same boat?..

Hi Cole247... we have almost same timeline12/23/2015 Doc sent to MA02/02/2016 visa lodge05/04/2016 SBS approved05/05/2016 Nom approvedAll needed docs has been provided since Dec. Done my med Jan. I came from HR country (not sure if there is a bearing if LR/HR)Been waiting for my visa for more than 2 wèeks now and i am applying in NSW

Hi DhonG2016,

Yeah from reading other's posts it's different every time wether we are HR or LR... So frustrating all the not knowing! :)

I just wonder with them having only requested Health Care evidence from me does that mean they shouldn't be aiming to request any other additional info? (As in would they request it all at once)

Basically just checking emails every day now waiting on a response

Hello everyone its my time to share my good news with you all.

Nom and visa lodged 27 jan 2016

Docs requested 7 march 2016

Visa and nom approved 24 may 2016

Congratulations!!! Enjoy and good luck with your journey "down under". U have been waiting for a while.

Visa grant today after 7 weeks and 3 days! Praise the Lord!

Time Line:

Nomination grant - March 30, 2016

Application Lodge - April 1, 2016

Visa grant - May 24, 2016

Onshore application in WA, from a High Risk country, a family with one child.

God bless you all, in His time He makes all things beautiful :)

Archived