457 - Current processing times

tbk

Visa lodged: 17th of Feb

Low risk country

Single. Reputable employer, good salary and benefits, good background/education. Using MA

No news to date

Waiting... :dull: It's been 10 weeks and 1 day

What's more frustrating than the wait are the endless comments from friends and family of "Why aren't you in Sydney yet?" "I thought you'd be down there by now" "Maybe they think you're dodge :biglaugh:" "I heard so and so got their visa in 3 weeks :cry:"

Asked my MA to follow up with DIPD earlier this week. They did so and have yet to receive a response.

Good luck to all of you in the same boat!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi i applied onshore.nom and visa 27 jan 2016

Docs requested 7 march

Medicals 14 March

No news yet

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Hi,

Are you from High Risk country?

So it has been 3 months. Have you tried to ask DIBP ?

Why they are taking so long?

Thanks.

Hi

Our status went directly from application received to finalised with nothing in between! sponsorship,nomination and visa was approved within minutes of each other in 41 working days.

(low risk country, family with child off shore)

I think it its straight forward with no extra documents required it goes seems to go straight through.

We did use an MA and no further documents were required but our MA was very thorough

Good Luck

Thanks for your reply…

Wow, yours was quick. Congratulations!

I hope and pray ours will be as quick as yours too. We are onshore and it’s the HR of the company who applied in behalf of us.

God bless you Lee4theresa!

I'm feeling that I won't get mine it's coming up to 8 weeks now

8th March through MA

Low risk country

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

You would get it...have faith my timeline

sponsorship nov2015

visa app Dec 2015

nomination lodged Feb 2016

my registration authority in Australia has given me a deadline until tomorrow i.e 29 April for my ID check to show that I have a visa to travel otherwise I will lose my registration license to work in Australia. Have been emailing the DIBP. They just say to contact employer and MA.. My MA also says he can't do anything as even the sponsor/nom haven't been approved yet...employer says that he has been emailing but not getting response...I have been after this job for almost 2 years now..passed exam and interview for this job..and now perhaps it's going to be the end of my chapter...it's very terrible!! You guys should feel blessed for not having any strict deadlines as I had. Good luck everyone!

I'm feeling that I won't get mine it's coming up to 8 weeks now

8th March through MA

Low risk country

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

It's easy to feel that way, but stay positive. We are a week behind you...coming up to 7 weeks. Good luck!

Hi guys I applyed 23 november 2015 . In genuary they ask to do again the nomination ,21 March nomination got approved 1today first of may i still waiting .i called them they said it can take three months after nomination has been approved . The company did everything by their self with out mara agent . Any advice thanks

Hi Friends,

How DIBP works on 457 visa timeline ?

Are they considering visa application after nomination get approved ?

or

Are they considering actual visa lodged date as start date for timeline?

Thanks.

Nomination approved 3rd feb

Visa lodge 5 feb then on 7 feb case officer mailed us for medicals n medicals done on 11th feb since then nothing happens...

Nomination approved 3rd feb

Visa lodge 5 feb then on 7 feb case officer mailed us for medicals n medicals done on 11th feb since then nothing happens...

You should have it this week same happened with me in 2012 I got requested medicals n I got approved 2 n half months later

Got offered the job end of Jan and visa went in 3rd Feb. My wife had to do a medical (she's SA, I'm UK), but since then nothing. Anyone else waiting this long (13 weeks)? We're not sure what to do next, get a temp contract at home or be patient.

Cheers

Paul

Got offered the job end of Jan and visa went in 3rd Feb. My wife had to do a medical (she's SA, I'm UK), but since then nothing. Anyone else waiting this long (13 weeks)? We're not sure what to do next, get a temp contract at home or be patient.

Cheers

Paul

Paul, 13 weeks seems a bit unusual, as 12 weeks is the max processing timeframe under normal circumstances. Did u contact dibp?, there must be a valid explanation for taking this long!

Cheers

Paul

Same here we applied visa on 5th feb on 7th we get a mail from our case officer for medical on 11 feb medicals done since then nothing happens

Archived