457 - Current processing times

tbk

Hi All,

New poster, but not new to the forum :)

Keen to see how people are getting on with 457 nomination and visa approval times. Seems to be a bit of variation at the moment given the backlog.

Nomination and Visa application submitted by MA on 28th Jan - hoping for a quick turnaround.

both my nomination and visa application was submitted by my MA on the 27th Jan and I am hoping for a very quick turnaround too as I have a start date at work 14th March. Constantly checking emails like mad hoping to see that grant notification/email from the MA. The DIBP are saying it's currently taking a maximum of 30 working days to allocate a case officer to applications and all would generally be granted once allocated on that same day unless further documents are required. I was told 4-6 weeks by the MA so that works out the same timeline as the information from DIBP. *fingers-crossed*

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
both my nomination and visa application was submitted by my MA on the 27th Jan and I am hoping for a very quick turnaround too as I have a start date at work 14th March. Constantly checking emails like mad hoping to see that grant notification/email from the MA. The DIBP are saying it's currently taking a maximum of 30 working days to allocate a case officer to applications and all would generally be granted once allocated on that same day unless further documents are required. I was told 4-6 weeks by the MA so that works out the same timeline as the information from DIBP. *fingers-crossed*

I've heard via the MA that there is a delay with case officer allocations due to load. Reckons an extra 4 - 6 weeks. My medical results were submitted on 5 Feb, haven't heard anything since then.

where are u all applying from? i applied for mine from the UK and it was accepted and emailed to me within minutes

I am applying from the UK too so I'm hoping it will be quick. Are you saying you applied for nomination and visa at the same time and it was accepted in minutes? Please pass over some of that lucky charm :)

My company has told me that visa applications lodged w/c 21st December were being granted w/c 8th Feb, so looking about 7 weeks.

That's a very positive news considering the festive/holiday period within that timeline. Hopefully it'll be even quicker now...

where are u all applying from? i applied for mine from the UK and it was accepted and emailed to me within minutes

I think this is not 457 Visa , it could be visit visa or study or whatever , a colleague of mine from Saudi arabia applied for visit visa and granted in the same day , but this is not the case with for 457 , anyway i'm from egypt and working in Saudi Arabia

Got an update on mine today.

Company sponsorship completed and nomination etc was approved early November and the 457 application for me was submitted on 24th November, with bridging visas issued same day. Been stuck as 'application received' ever since.

Got a notification this morning that the application was being processed and that we need another medical. First time around, we only needed chest xrays which were all done before the submission went in and accepted. They didn't need the full medical.

Now they want the full 501 medical. That's easy enough for my wife and I to do it in Melbourne (although it's $500!) however our daughter is still in Thailand at school.

Back in October when we did hers originally she was 10 (limit is over 11, xray is required) and she needed the full medical as being from an 'at risk' country but NOT the chest xray. At the time, I really pushed saying I wanted to have the xray done because she was turning 11 in November but they wouldn't do it because it wasn't on the referral letter.

Now, they want to have a chest xray for her.

It's no big issue but it's just frustrating because where we used to live and where she goes to school is 3 hours away from the named hospital in Bangkok and the xray literally takes minutes to get done. Wish they had done it before when I asked!

I'm from UK however lived and worked in Asia (high risk countries) for so many years that I'm guessing they are classing me now as high risk. My wife is Thai so she was naturally a high risk but they treated us both as low risk before (again, despite me really pushing to say we should have the full works done on the medical just in case)

Guess once these are completed, hopefully that will be it.

Taking forever though and I still don't actually 'want' to be here.

I miss the warmth and excitement of Asia. Melbourne weather sucks! :-/

Company sponsorship completed and nomination etc was approved early November and the 457 application for me was submitted on 24th November, with bridging visas issued same day. Been stuck as 'application received' ever since.

Got a notification this morning that the application was being processed and that we need another medical. First time around, we only needed chest xrays which were all done before the submission went in and accepted. They didn't need the full medical.

Now they want the full 501 medical. That's easy enough for my wife and I to do it in Melbourne (although it's $500!) however our daughter is still in Thailand at school.

Back in October when we did hers originally she was 10 (limit is over 11, xray is required) and she needed the full medical as being from an 'at risk' country but NOT the chest xray. At the time, I really pushed saying I wanted to have the xray done because she was turning 11 in November but they wouldn't do it because it wasn't on the referral letter.

It's no big issue but it's just frustrating because where we used to live and where she goes to school is 3 hours away from the named hospital in Bangkok and the xray literally takes minutes to get done. Wish they had done it before when I asked!

I'm from UK however lived and worked in Asia (high risk countries) for so many years that I'm guessing they are classing me now as high risk. My wife is Thai so she was naturally a high risk but they treated us both as low risk before (again, despite me really pushing to say we should have the full works done on the medical just in case)

Very positive news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice too see some progress. Good luck for the last steps! And thanks for sharing, I applied on 27 November so hoping to hear something soon now [emoji1374]

I don't know if it made a difference but last week I asked my MA to send an email asking for an update as it had gone over the normal service period for a low risk person. She sent it and exactly a week later, got a reply saying;

Thank you for your enquiry. As I am sure you can appreciate, all non-citizens applying for visas to enter Australia are considered on an individual basis and against legal requirements set out in Australia's migration legislation. The timing for the completion of assessment of applications varies from one case to another depending on individual circumstances.

However, please be assured that your application is progressing and a decision will be made as quickly as possible.

Not a particularly helpful response from IMMI however the very next day after the reply, we did get the progress moving with the medical request.

Maybe coincidence or maybe it really did poke them a bit (maybe also annoyed them too which is why they are asking for the medicals to be repeated...)

I don't know if it made a difference but last week I asked my MA to send an email asking for an update as it had gone over the normal service period for a low risk person. She sent it and exactly a week later, got a reply saying;

Thank you for your enquiry. As I am sure you can appreciate, all non-citizens applying for visas to enter Australia are considered on an individual basis and against legal requirements set out in Australia's migration legislation. The timing for the completion of assessment of applications varies from one case to another depending on individual circumstances.

However, please be assured that your application is progressing and a decision will be made as quickly as possible.

Not a particularly helpful response from IMMI however the very next day after the reply, we did get the progress moving with the medical request.

Maybe coincidence or maybe it really did poke them a bit (maybe also annoyed them too which is why they are asking for the medicals to be repeated...)

Funny thing, I also sent an email out. One almost 2 weeks ago and then another email yesterday. Hoping to get some news soon, and hopefully just the approval without any more requests [emoji16]

Amazing news on our side. We got our visa!!!!!! :arghh: OMG I can't believe it after waiting so long and checking emails every morning!!! :chatterbox: Good luck for every one of you!

Congrats! So you status just went from "Application received" to visa grant? No processing status in between?

Hello all,

I am sharing my Nomination and visa details:

Nomination Applied :14-Dec-2015

Nomination Approval :12-Feb-2015

Visa applied:12 Feb 2016

Medical done :15-Feb-2016

Medical approved:17-Feb-2016

Waiting for visa approval

Can everyone share it will be helpful everyone to use this template :)

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Amazing news on our side. We got our visa!!!!!! :arghh: OMG I can't believe it after waiting so long and checking emails every morning!!! :chatterbox: Good luck for every one of you!

Yay! Congrats! Exciting times ahead[emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived