457 - Current processing times

tbk

Hi this might be off topic but would appreciate it if somebody can reply. I am going to be going through process soon for 457 visa in next couple of weeks, can you advise if you are being sponsored by an existing employer (who want to relocate me to NSW office), what the reference process is like in application form? Appreciate it might be different for various different roles, but I have been employed by this company for the past three years and was wondering whether they would supply reference or whether I have to go further back and contact previous employers ? Any advice would be great - cheers.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a lovely day and news to wake up to - my 457 got approved today!

OH my god awesome news! Congrats! Nice to see more good news coming through! All the best for you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi

New on here.. firstly Congrats Kindred, great news!!

Just wanted to ask if chest x rays are still a requirement ? Uk to Perth..

Thanks

No, it's only a requirement when you are from a high risk country, but UK is low risk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To all of you who got their visa's approved: what time of the day did you get the letter?

And is actually anyone else still waiting for a decision on the nomination? Wonder what the turnaround times on those are :unsure:

To all of you who got their visa's approved: what time of the day did you get the letter?

Hi,

I didn't get a "letter" as such, I had an email from the migration agent that came in overnight to the UK and she followed that up the same night with the formal letters from DIAB but as emailed attachments. My assumption was that if I hadn't heard by 7am UK time then I wasn't going to hear that day.

Is it your employer or role nomination that is the hold up, do you know? Is there a date when you need to move by?

Hi,

I didn't get a "letter" as such, I had an email from the migration agent that came in overnight to the UK and she followed that up the same night with the formal letters from DIAB but as emailed attachments. My assumption was that if I hadn't heard by 7am UK time then I wasn't going to hear that day.

Is it your employer or role nomination that is the hold up, do you know? Is there a date when you need to move by?

Yes, I meant the time of the email :)

I think it's just the role nomination which takes time right now. My employer submitted the requested information shortly after (within a day or two). Maybe we're back in a queue of applications after more documents were requested and now we have to wait until they look at our applications again?! :skeptical:

Do you have any reason to suspect that there might be an issue with the role? Is it very generic, are the pay and conditions in line with what a native would earn and so on? And has your employer cleared the bar to actually sponsor you?

No, hopefully there's no issue. They sponsored someone before, they're approved as a sponsor again and pay and conditions are all good as well.. I hope there will be some progress this week. I can see that everyone around me gets their visa's but I think almost everyone had the nomination already approved before so maybe that's why I'm a bit late here.. Not much of a choice than staying positive *hope*

No, hopefully there's no issue. They sponsored someone before, they're approved as a sponsor again and pay and conditions are all good as well.. I hope there will be some progress this week. I can see that everyone around me gets their visa's but I think almost everyone had the nomination already approved before so maybe that's why I'm a bit late here.. Not much of a choice than staying positive *hope*

Hi JMO,

I am in a similar situaation than yours. My company submitted the nomination at the same time they submitted my 457 application (thru a MA). They have nominated and hired several people before, from different countries, most of them inter company transferees, as we are a global company.

So far, the nomination has not bee approved, and there is no issue with the role. The MA keeps telling me that the delays are related to the December Holidays, and that everything should clear up within 2 weeks. Let's hope so...

Good luck to you all.

Hi JMO,

I am in a similar situaation than yours. My company submitted the nomination at the same time they submitted my 457 application (thru a MA). They have nominated and hired several people before, from different countries, most of them inter company transferees, as we are a global company.

So far, the nomination has not bee approved, and there is no issue with the role. The MA keeps telling me that the delays are related to the December Holidays, and that everything should clear up within 2 weeks. Let's hope so...

Good luck to you all.

Which country are you applying from? Your forum name sounds German :)

Hi guys, congratulations to everyone who have got their visa grant. I am waiting for mine as well. Any idea how long does it take for nomination to get approved?

Applied for my nomination & Visa together for Melbourne on 7th Dec'15 through a MA. Medicals cleared.

Hi guys, congratulations to everyone who have got their visa grant. I am waiting for mine as well. Any idea how long does it take for nomination to get approved?

Applied for my nomination & Visa together for Melbourne on 7th Dec'15 through a MA. Medicals cleared.

It should take 4-6 weeks.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! Already crossed that timeline if I don't consider the holiday period. Another couple of weeks I guess..

I started a new threat on 457 nomination processing times as here people have their nominations mostly approved and just waiting for the application to go through. Maybe we can get some feedback in my other threat about the nomination process times..

Almost time to start a new work day in Australia.. Woohoo, fingers crossed!

Archived