Partner Visa - Married Couples

Vikki81

Hello once again :wubclub:

I know I have asked a lot of questions this week - but I have one last one. I've been researching partner visas a lot but am having trouble understanding two aspects.

The first - Initially an applicant is granted a two year temporary visa (309) and then two years after they are granted the permanent (100). If it is a long term relationship they do not have to wait the two years. How is the visa granted in this case - SCENARIO - I am an Australian citizen, I've been in a relationship for 3 years and have been married for 1.5 years. I have a one year old daughter. Will my husband automatically be given a permanent partner visa (considering he meets the requirements)?

Second -Department of immigration requires evidence of a genuine ongoing relationship including financial aspects, nature of household etc and a statement regarding history of the relationship. Does this also apply to married couples or is it only for de-facto couples?

Thank you once again (promise I''ll stop being annoying after this) :notworthy:

Were you in a marriage-like de facto relationship for 6+ months before your marriage? If so, the de facto and married periods can both count towards the 2 years for the grant of a permanent visa when there is a child of the relationship.

Relationship evidence is also required of married couples.

Archived