Going back to the UK for 4 months

andromeda9

We were in UK last year and my husband, an Australian citizen, no other passport, was admitted to hospital and also received scripts free of charge under the Reciprocal Agreement between UK and Australia.

However, his normal scripts which he had from his Dr. here, we obtained enough to cover for the 4 months we were away and declared them on the special form for taking medicines overseas.

We were in UK last year and my husband, an Australian citizen, no other passport, was admitted to hospital and also received scripts free of charge under the Reciprocal Agreement between UK and Australia.

However, his normal scripts which he had from his Dr. here, we obtained enough to cover for the 4 months we were away and declared them on the special form for taking medicines overseas.

Emergency treatment is free if you are admitted to A&E - I had to be treated when I visited the UK too but looking at the link above prescriptions from a GP would not be free.

That said it is a bit ambiguous as under expections it says 'UK state pensioners living overseas' get free hospital treatment (not just emergency treatment) so maybe that applies to prececriptions too.

Given it can be difficult to get an appointment with a GP I wouldn't want to be wasting holiday like that and would bring what I needed with me if that is possible.

Archived