Xmas - warning moan alert!

Chortlepuss

Just me, hubby and cat the last two days, perfect. No pressure, no going anywhere, just lazing in the pool, getting showered and dressed at lunch time, roast dinner on the deck around 3pm with copious beer and wine and a fish-shaped bowl of turkey for the meow-monster. We're off for lunch and drinks with friends tomorrow but I'm enjoying a few days rest and peace.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a quiet Christmas. No family visiting, haven't made any friends here yet so no entertaining. I even spent Christmas day and boxing day alone as my other half was working away. Rather different. pretty much a non event. Did go away post Christmas on a road trip which was fab though.

I had a quiet Christmas. No family visiting, haven't made any friends here yet so no entertaining. I even spent Christmas day and boxing day alone as my other half was working away. Rather different. pretty much a non event. Did go away post Christmas on a road trip which was fab though.

You would've been more than welcome to join us for Christmas had we known earlier. We have fairly relaxed open house since we run a vineyard and have a lot of backpakers working and staying at the farm this time of year. nearly harvest time. Cheers to you and you other half.

Archived