Help with Statement of committment for QLD?

Sparkeltastic

Hello there,

This is my very first post to PomsinOz! We want to move to Oz in 2015! So far.....

On Friday last week our immigration agent sent our Expression of Interest to QLD. We were then invited less than 48hrs later to apply for State Sponsorship! We have a deadline of 19th December to complete a Statement of Committment as to why we want to live in QLD and to include job prospects, choice of area, choice of school, cost of living calculations etc. :wacko:

I would like any advice from anyone who has had to complete these statements please. I have very little time to complete it and have spent all day researching today and not sure I have been very productive! I am not too sure exactly how much I should write!

So far I have a basic cost of living put together, chosen SW Brisbane and a school. Job prospects are few unfortunately due to being a Learning Disability Nurse but I am sure there must be some out there otherwise why would they invite me to apply!

Any help would be hugely welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

Basically you need to say why qld, what is it about qld that you and your family are looking for. So show you have looked at house prices, schools for kids (even if you havent actually written to schools just some info you have showing you have looked at schools), any community type groups you are active in and would be looking to get involved with in oz. Job wise show that even if you cant get work in your specific field you have researched alternatives. Places you may find work and where you would then be thinking of living. If you have made contact with any companies or professional groups include that. If your kids are interested in something specific e.g sport or music the research you have done regarding opportunities for that in qld.