Mum, 36 (Manchester) moving to near Greenacre in April 2015 looking to make friends!

Hi, We've just made the big decision to move and naturally I'm anxious! I have a 3 year old and I'm pregnant! I've backpacked around oz in my 20s and love adventure! This time though coming over like this with a family behind crying buckets is hard! I'd love to hook up with people my age before we set off and get any advice possible! Hoping to get some childcare and I'll need a network of Mums for my baby too due in July, 2015.

Im a Manchester girl, absolutely love a laugh, not really into talking about baby poo all day! If you are coming out, or already there. Please get in touch!!!!

Rachael. :nah:

I Googled 'Greenacre' to make sure the one in Sydney is the only one in Australia - yes - and now I know where the name comes from. Is there a particular reason that you are moving to that area? Work? Relatives living nearby? It suits your budget? I'm almost embarrased to say that it is an 'ethnic' suburb, although that might be an advantage depending on your own background. Greenacre is close to Bankstown, which has all the facilities and services you might need, but there is no railway station, which might make public transport difficult.

(From Wikipedia) This area was previously known as East Bankstown. When the first road went through the area, an acre of land was cleared for cultivation. The contrast to its surrounding area led to it being referred to as the 'Green Acre'. In 1909, Greenacre Park Estate became one of the first subdivisions in the area. Michael Ryan operated an inn called the Harp of Ould Erin on land he owned to the north of Liverpool Road.

[h=2]Population[edit][/h]At the 2011 census, there were 23,213 residents in Greenacre. The median age was 32 years old and 24.9% of the population was aged 14 years and under. Almost half of Greenacre residents were born outside of Australia, with top countries of birth being Lebanon 14.6% and Vietnam 2.3%. Three quarters of people spoke a language other than English at home. The most common languages spoken included Arabic 42.2%, Greek 4.0%, Vietnamese 3.0%, Italian 2.5% and Korean 2.4%. The top responses for religious affiliation were Islam, Catholic and Eastern Orthodox. The median household income of $959 was lower than the national figure of $1,234.[1]