vetassess joinery test

Guest Paul&Tracey1965

Guest andy1865
mate i came away from my vetasses day thinking i,d definatly blown it aswell, i got all my saw horse angles wrong and had to ask for more wood , twice!

i got questions wrong in the machine shop and finished the day , last person at 5.30 pm

i dont think they are looking for the perfect, doesnt get things wrong and has all the answers person , just that you look like you had an idea about what you where doing--and can handles all the hand tools etc

as in someone who was just saying they are a joiner to get a visa would not have a god damn clue what to do on a vetasses joiner day

i know they take nerves into account and it is one of the most nervous days you can put yourself through , dont think i was as scared on my wedding day than vetasses if i,m honest

go to the website address and enter your login details and you can find out online quicker, mine took 5 days to update, i,ll bet you,ve passed

https://www2.tradeassess.com.au/Applicant/index.cfm

Hi bud, thanks for getting back to me, i got through it, dunno how but chuffed to get that over with, i got my angles wrong on horse too, got the A & B back to front:biglaugh: what a plonka, also i noticed a mistake on my rod at the end but thought i had failed anyway so give up and left head in hands, the tasks where easy put the pressure you put on yourself is awfull then when behind you panic and it all goes wrong, oh well glad thats over, you take care fella and let me know how you go on, Andy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest carrick2

hi everybody.1st time on here.done my vet carpentry(site joiner here) test on 6th july(accrington &rossendale college) an passed,got result 3 days l8r on yon web site.hadnt done a pitched hip roof in over 12 yrs so was a bit on the panicky side,bought myself a sliding roof square which comes with a wee book full of sizes an angles, out of b&q,read it through twice,very understandable,took it with me, best £15 ive ever spent.the saw horse was straightn forward,make it off a drawing, afew angled housings for the legs an a bit o measuring,question sheet on a cross section of atimber framed house,and label the components of ascaffolding tower,and a few other mickey mouse jobs.it was very nerve wrecking leading up 2 it,but honestly if ur any sort of 1/2 decent joiner at all it is wee buns.as alanakko said its more to weed out the chancers.there was 1 guy there on my test and he was useless,not surprised if he stil there.........glad its out of the way.just waitin on state sponsorship............wish all you guys that r waiting on results an those stil 2 do the test all the very best................robin

Hi Andy

I am so glad for you well done

yes i did pass

I think the older you get the more you worry must stop doing that!

looks like I will have to wait until 2012 gives me time to adjust to the idea

We are thinking of moving to Melbourne but will be going out next year to see

all the best to you and your family will keep in touch

Keith

Guest carrick2

thanks. it is a big relief for sure 2 get the test out o the road .but up til then it was all go,between sortin out paperwork for the agents an goin over to accrington 2 do the test(im from northern ireland),now its turned in2 this big waitin game,an its doin r heads in.:arghh:.but in the bigger pict hopefully it ll all b well worth it. has any 1 got any word on a bit o progress since the 23rd sept changes ????or is it all 2 early yet

• 1 year later...
Guest Ginjafro

Has anyone done the Bench Joiners (331213) practical test during the last 6 months? If so, what was the format and what did you have to do?

• 6 months later...
Guest leeknelson

Hi we are applying to move to Perth but I want to get the English test and joinery test can anyone tell me any info about the practical test as I'm a shop fitter joiner and never work on pitched roofs etc as that's what my practical test may involve any info would be helpful thanks, also I'm getting mixed up hear as the carpenter in uk would mean to me working in a workshop and a joiner would be working on site, so I'm thinking I should go for the carpenters test, also with me doing shop fitting since 15 years I don't know what test they can give me as I fit out shops like Primark Asda George and house of Fraser etc.which does require a lot joinery work(carpentry)

Archived