Can language be a component of job requirement FOr RCB adevise?

dwade12312

Hi All

I have briefly worker with my current employer for nearly 6 months on 457, Now my employer wants to sponsor me a 187 direct entry RMSM Visa. In order to do so, we have to advertise the job online. one reason why my employer like me is because of I am bilingual and also very skilled in my profession( scientist). The fact is, there are many my professions(5000+) are around in Australia, but less than 10(or maybe bit more) can be bilingual. And the position in my company require bilingual as essential. Can we put bilingual as part of ad on seek. I am sure, no one can be anything better than me for this job.

I suppose it depends on if the rcb accept that it is essential, not that you are putting it in to try to minimise the risk of other people applying (which won't wirk anyway, 50 odd people applied for my job who didn't have the essential qualities for the job).

Personally, I've worked in research and never seen a case where a language other than English was needed, so I think they would have a close look.

It's probably worth checking with a registered migration agent. I used george Lombard for my rsms and he was very good.

only you never seen a second language is essential, it does not mean it cannot be essential. In regards to my position, I should have no problem to beat anyone(top qualification plus experience). and it is also sizeable and public listed company. I just don't want to make myself troubles if the secondary language may give me additional problems. I am scientist but it is not equivalent to researcher. Sure, I will consult with my lawyer. Thanks anyway.

I agree with blosssom, it might be the case for you, but it is quite rare in science and so may raise questions.

Also, you are not actually considering putting "bilingual" in the job advert? Do you speak a very rare language that is needed in your job?

I am pretty sure quite a lot of scientist are bilingual...

I agree with blosssom, it might be the case for you, but it is quite rare in science and so may raise questions.

Also, you are not actually considering putting "bilingual" in the job advert? Do you speak a very rare language that is needed in your job?

I am pretty sure quite a lot of scientist are bilingual...

my degree is science degree. It is industry based company and job. Yes, basically my company is JVing with a overseas company which require bilingual skills. it is essential. But you know, the company is more care about team chemistry instead of personal capability unless you are senior board members . I am sure you know that. As I already work in this company for more than 6 month, and my boss is happy with my personality and working ethic otherwise why he propose to sponsor me a permanent visa. I don't worry about anyone can replace me just because they send a resume to my boss. I was just wondering if that can be a thing to put in the Job AD. My boss even cover all cost of the application(including my visa application which meant to be paid by myself), I just don't want to potentially make him any troubles. That is.

Archived