Anyone heading to Sydney August/September?

Guest shopping jo jo

Guest shopping jo jo

Hello,

We (me, my hubbie and two small children aged 2 and 5) are heading out to Sydney in August on a 457.

Therefore, I thought it might be nice to know anyone else who is coming out around the same time and perhaps when we are all settled, organise a meet up?!

It is all a bit nerve wracking but also reassuring that other families will be going through the mixed emotions before and after arriving. We are excited but terrified at the same time!

Be good to hear from anyone.

Jo

:smile:

Guest traybears

hi,we're heading to sydney's central coast hopefuuly around that time.we have our visa's,just have to sell our house.would love to meet up when there though.tracy.xx.

Guest shopping jo jo

That sounds lovely! We are waiting for the 457 to be processed and are working towards a timescale of approx 3 months and hoping that is realistic - but who knows.

Look forward to meeting up then when we have both arrived and are fairly settled - scary isn't it!

Have you family in Oz?

Jo

• 1 month later...
That sounds lovely! We are waiting for the 457 to be processed and are working towards a timescale of approx 3 months and hoping that is realistic - but who knows.

Look forward to meeting up then when we have both arrived and are fairly settled - scary isn't it!

Have you family in Oz?

Jo

Hi Jo,

We have been living in Sydney for 9 months now. Have 2 children aged 6 and 3. Whereabout are you heading to in Sydney? If you are not too far away it would be great to meet up. I know loads of places that are great for the kids

Sarah

Guest shopping jo jo

Hi Sarah,

We are hoping to move to Northern Beaches/North Shore....not exactly sure where though.

We have temporary accommodation in Chatswood for 6 weeks just until we find somewhere more permanent. I'm hoping that we will find somewhere within 4 weeks or so if possible, as I would love Grace to be at school within 6 weeks...though not sure of this is realistic.

It would be lovely to meet up when we arrive. How are you finding it?

Jo

x

Chatswood is about a 15 minute drive from me so meeting up wont be a problem. Northern Beaches is a fantastic area to live, lovely beaches, stunning scenery and some really good schools. I will PM you my e mail address, please feel free to e mail me with any questions you may have. Only too happy to offer advice if needed! We are really enjoying it here and have settled really well. Sam started school in Jan and loves it. Have made lots of great friends but theres always room for more!

You shouldnt have too much of a problem finding somewhere to live round here as the rental market is pretty good in the winter months. I can always let you know some of the nicer suburbs to look at. We are currently on a 457 visa but hoping to go for PR in the next year or so.

Speak to you soon

Sarah

x

Archived