electrical license

mark1888

hi guys

Just looking to see if anyone has some information regarding electrical license.

I am in final stages of applying for my visa.

To give a little background my trade is lift engineer (in the UK) but in australia i am a lift mechanic as i have no license which lets me work with electrics

I will be going to either victoria or NSW and will be looking to get a license which allows me to work within the electric side of things does anyone know of any ways i can go about this.

Thanks in advance for any help

If you haven't done an apprenticeship in the UK you will need to get a RPL (recognition of prior learning) Try PEER VEET - we are in the process or doing this ourselves... A word of warning tho, this is not a common problem and doesnt appear to have an easy solution. Good luck!!!

Also, in our experience, lift mechanic isn't even a job out here... No idea why it is on the skills list. In the UK you don't need to be an electrician to work in this trade - you do in aus... If you would like a chat, inbox me your email address and I can try to answer any questions you may have. We are in South Australia, the rules and regs could be different where you end up.

Archived