That's it in less than a month I will be in oz

Paul89

Hey everyone, I've just joined here, on the 27th of December I will be flying out from the UK to perth to live and work, I'm going alone and have no family in Australia so it will be tough. I'm quite young being 25, I just hope the people around my age are quite welcoming in perth !!

No I have a 457 visa, I'll be working for volvo as a heavy diesel technician :) I hope I do !

Congratulations! :) Even though your not going on a whv it might be worthwhile putting up a post in that section and just say you would like to meet up with other people your age. The perth posters on here are really friendly so I'm sure they'll invite you along to any meet ups etc but most of them are older than you but I'm not sure if that bothers you, it might not. Once you get settled join some clubs, go to the pub etc. You'll meet people through your work too. I wouldn't worry!

Hey everyone, I've just joined here, on the 27th of December I will be flying out from the UK to perth to live and work, I'm going alone and have no family in Australia so it will be tough. I'm quite young being 25, I just hope the people around my age are quite welcoming in perth !!

Love your attitude, young fella. Did that at age 22 and never ever regretted a moment of it.

Cheers, Bobj.

• 1 month later...

Archived