have u lived in railway estate in townsville?

Mae m

Hello everyone! I am moving with boyfriend and two year old daughter to Townsville and still haven't decided as to what suburb to live in. I have seen (online) and liked Railway Estate and found a nice unit close to the river. has any of you lived or been there and would you recommend this suburb? My main priority is safety and area not flooded when theres typhoon.Any feedback will be much appreciated! Thank you!

Hi Mae,

Railway Estate not bad, close to city. Parts can be flood affected as can most of low lying areas in Townsville. Check out the Townsville City Council web site http://www.townsville.qld.gov.au for info re cyclones etc (not typhoons here). Most inner suburbs have "good" & "bad" parts but Railway Est & Sth Townsville good options. Where will you be working?

Hi Notpicky, thank you for answering my question. i am not gonna work yet As i have a little one and need to look after her while sorting out our move, will try selling homemade pastries/cakes if i can since thats my line of work but my boyfriend will be working in townsville city. would you recommend rosslea, douglas, annandale and idalia?

Hi Notpicky, thank you for answering my question. i am not gonna work yet As i have a little one and need to look after her while sorting out our move, will try selling homemade pastries/cakes if i can since thats my line of work but my boyfriend will be working in townsville city. would you recommend rosslea, douglas, annandale and idalia?

To stay out of trouble you might want to read this and do some further investigations before you sell any homemade food.

http://www.health.qld.gov.au/foodsafety/documents/fs-44-home-bus.pdf

To stay out of trouble you might want to read this and do some further investigations before you sell any homemade food.

http://www.health.qld.gov.au/foodsafety/documents/fs-44-home-bus.pdf

thanks freckleface, yes ive encountered this site before as i am really looking into it, will definitely check with the local council. hope i can qualify, thanks for your help ;)

Hi Mar, I'm not a great fan of Annandale, access to the CBD in peak hour is busy but it's all relative as Townsville doesn't really have major traffic problems. From the suburbs you have mentioned Idalia would be my 1st choice then Rosslea, Douglas. There's good and bad pockets in all areas though.

Hi, My friends live in Kirwin. I have visited several times and it's a nice area, they haven't had any problems, I am moving over in January ( my hubby there atm ) and have asked my him to look at Saunders beach and Bushland beach area, Pallaranda is also lovely.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived