Vetassess - More like "pain in the ess" !!!!

adele244

I am really trying to get my head around the "certifying of certificates" as that is the part we are up. We have a Psychologist who is willing to certify all the colour photocopies we have just got. However I can see 2 different list of authorised persons and they are both bloomin different!!!

So.....If you go on their home page it says FAQ. On here it says "who can certify my docs" and this list comes up....

The person who certifies your documents must be contactable by telephone during normal working hours. This person may be:

• a justice of the peace or a bail justice
  • an Australian lawyer
  • a member of the police force
  • a sheriff or deputy sheriff
  • a councillor of a municipality
  • a senior officer of a council
  • a medical practitioner
  • a dentist
  • a veterinary practitioner
  • a pharmacist
  • a principal in the teaching service
  • the manager of an authorised deposit-taking institution
  • a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia or the Australian Society of Accountants or the National Institute of Accountants
  • the secretary of a building society
  • a minister of religion authorised to celebrate marriages
  • a fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives (Victoria)
  • a public notary
  • a member or former member of either House of the Parliament of Victoria
  • a member or former member of either House of the Parliament of the Commonwealth
  • police officer
  • optometrist
  • chiropractor
  • nurse
  • patent attorney
  • psychologist
  • physiotherapist.

Great news it has a psychologist on there!! I'm in!!! But then further in to the website it gives another list of authorised persons which is the following............

Any person or certifying authority recognised by law of the country in which you live in can certify your documents. The list of authorised officers include (but not limited to):

§ a justice of the peace or a bail justice

§ a police officer

§ an Australian registered migration agent

§ a notary public

§ an Australian consular officer or Australian diplomatic officer (within the meaning of the Consular Fees Act 1955).

Your documents can also be certified by one of the following authorised officers within Australia:

§ a bank manager

§ a pharmacist

§ a postal manager

§ a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, the Australian Society of Certified Practicing Accountants or the National Institute of Accountants

§ a medical practitioner

§ an optometrist

§ a judge of a court

§ a magistrate

§ a teacher employed on a full-time basis at a school or tertiary education institution

§ a dentist

§ a minister of religion registered under Subdivision A of Division 1 of Part IV of the Marriage Act 1961

§ a member of Engineers Australia, other than at the grade of student.

NOTE.. THE PSYCHOLOGIST HAS NOW DISAPPEARED!!!!

Now as this is quite important does anyone know which list is correct? Or indeed if anyone has had a Dr in Psychology sign their certificates? Then I see another inconsistency I can see that one page it says the photo (passport size) does not need to be certified, but then on the FAQ page it says all photos must be certified!!!!!!! I am real stuck here, it is really hard to follow it exactly when there are different variations.

Or is am I being daft???? :chatterbox:

Thanks Jack I may be being a little over cautious! Did the teacher have to put her address on every certificate as well? Thats another thing that says 2 different things one says address is needed the other say it isnt. We actually have a full time teacher next door, but I never thought about her as I didn't see teacher on the list, but you are correct it is on one of them.

Thanks Jack91. When you applied were you self employed or employed? We have to do a self statement as my hubby yhas been self employed for the last 9 years. Even the statement is confusion it self it states"Your personal statement must be a signed statutory declaration, affidavit, sworn statement or similar legal declaration, with your signature witnessed by a legal authority in your country". so I am not sure if that means that anyone on the authorised list can witness it or does it mean that it has done by a solicitor? Do you know this Jack91 Thank you x

Thanks NeilD. I am just looking at yours and Jack91 timeline and it has taken you both 7 and 11 months. I am a bit shocked at this, I honestly thought it would be well over a year from start to finish, I know every case is different but that is actually a lot quicker than I thought.

NeilD did you have to do this as well..........

You must include at least three (3) statements from:

• suppliers, confirming the nature of your business, dates of trading periods, details of the material/equipment purchased over a 12-month period and the types of material/equipment supplied
  • clients, on letterhead paper (if possible), confirming full details of the work you did for them and the dates, including the total number of contracts completed over a 12 month period.

Does the above mean 3 statements from each Suppliers AND Customers or just 3 statements from both? I am just concerned how we explain to our suppliers why we need the above, I'm sure they will wonder why. With the customers thats ok, we can simply say it is required for a new contract we are in the process of.

I don't know why we cant simply send invoices from the suppliers which will have the items we have purchased from them, the dates and all the information they require above (but then again that would be too simple!!)

Many thanks x

• 1 month later...
Thanks NeilD. I am just looking at yours and Jack91 timeline and it has taken you both 7 and 11 months. I am a bit shocked at this, I honestly thought it would be well over a year from start to finish, I know every case is different but that is actually a lot quicker than I thought.

NeilD did you have to do this as well..........

You must include at least three (3) statements from:

• suppliers, confirming the nature of your business, dates of trading periods, details of the material/equipment purchased over a 12-month period and the types of material/equipment supplied

• clients, on letterhead paper (if possible), confirming full details of the work you did for them and the dates, including the total number of contracts completed over a 12 month period.

Does the above mean 3 statements from each Suppliers AND Customers or just 3 statements from both? I am just concerned how we explain to our suppliers why we need the above, I'm sure they will wonder why. With the customers thats ok, we can simply say it is required for a new contract we are in the process of.

I don't know why we cant simply send invoices from the suppliers which will have the items we have purchased from them, the dates and all the information they require above (but then again that would be too simple!!)

Many thanks x

Hi Adele

Just wondering if you found the answer to your question above, i.e. whether you did have to acquire 3 statements from suppliers?

Well up to now I have 2 from customers and 2 from suppliers, we are having to tell them we have a possibility of a new contract abroad and they need all this evidence. I really don't like doing it. So I think I am just gonna stick with the 2 each. We now have oodles of other evidence such as supplier invoices which go back 9 years showing the equipment we have bought, and same again for customer invoices showing what work we do. So I don't think I am going to stress too much about it, we have an agent, and if he stresses we need more references then I will get some more, but going on what have already got, I'm hoping it's not necessary.

what is your trade Rara82?

Hi Adele, Currently jumping through the same hoop with my OH who was self employed for a period we need covered. They really make it difficult for you.

Our agent has been great. We have a copy of the start and end date of OH's company from Companies House, a reference from his current employer who he was a subcontractor to during his self employment and its all stated in that letter. We have some invoices, his VAT reg letter, Company insurance letter as well as a signed statment with all this info and we were asked for 3 customer contact details for refs for each year of his business - the same 3 can be used for every year if they dealt with him every year. Got the solictor appt booked for Monday so hopefully that will be us ready to submit our info to TRA. Good luck. Susan x

It is very difficult indeed! Which agent are you using? We are using Go Matilda. How much is the solicitor charging for certifying? I had one solicitor reply and said they charged £12 per sheet!!!! We have around 60 sheets - that's £720!!!! Crazy!! We are going to ask a doctor we know. Keep us informed with your progress Susan and good luck too x

We're using Skilling Australia - chose them purely on the fact that they were based in Edinburgh and easier for us to visit should they need to see us for anything. We are through TRA tho rather than vetasses - no idea how much for the solicitor - forgot to ask the OH when we called me today re the appt. It just seems to be more money after more money aarrgghh lol at least the end in nearer lol Will keep you updated - and likewise :) xx

Well up to now I have 2 from customers and 2 from suppliers, we are having to tell them we have a possibility of a new contract abroad and they need all this evidence. I really don't like doing it. So I think I am just gonna stick with the 2 each. We now have oodles of other evidence such as supplier invoices which go back 9 years showing the equipment we have bought, and same again for customer invoices showing what work we do. So I don't think I am going to stress too much about it, we have an agent, and if he stresses we need more references then I will get some more, but going on what have already got, I'm hoping it's not necessary.

what is your trade Rara82?

Well done for getting statements for 2 suppliers. That's where I am having difficulty. My OH is applying as a Carpenter and Joiner (self-employed). We have been able to get a number of reference letters from companies he has sub-contracted to and letters from private customers but struggling with acquiring letters from suppliers as my OH would always shop around for the best deals for materials and tools and would rarely open an account. I think we will at the very least be able to get one supplier letter but otherwise it will be lots of receipts and supplier invoices and then keeping our finger's crossed!

Sounds like you are nearly all set - wishing you all the best xx

Archived