Just joined

Jamesfish7

Hi just thought I'd say hello I'm James an electrician from the uk. I'm currently thinking about moving to perth. I'm just getting used to using this forum and also wondering how I might go about moving perth. One key question I have is how would I obtain a WA A grade electrical licence. Can you get one in the uk first or can you only get them in Australia.

Thdnks

james

Welcome James. Judging by the help that many others have got I'd say this forum is probably as useful as any official help site or those people that you pay money to for advice, it may not replace them but is certainly complimentary and is based mainly on peoples' real experiences. I can't really answer your questions but someone else might be able to advise you on getting exemptions because of any existing qualifications, certainly a lot of overseas qualifications are recognised.

Hi James, we are currently going through the process. My husband is a spark. You will need to pass a skills assessment first which includes a practical assessment. You will be awarded an OTSR which means when you arrive in Oz u can register on a course to complete your gap training (about 12 months) after that is complete you can apply for your a class licence.

It's a real pet hate of my husband's because you will be basically classed as a second year apprentice over there without your licence. [emoji15]

Archived