• Announcements

• The Pom Queen

New Forum Upgrade   03/24/2017

On behalf of the admin and moderators of the forum we would like to thank you for your patience during the forum upgrade.  We understand that members don't like change, but unfortunately we had to move with the times. There are lots of exciting changes and features to be made in the coming weeks, however, our priority was to get you all back online as quickly as possible. There is a thread in Forum Q & A (accessible via the link below) if there are any urgent issues please post them in there then we can monitor one thread instead of missing posts. Thank you once again The Pom Queen and Cerberus1 ADMIN
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest scijmb

Assessing work experience

5 posts in this topic

I understand that an assessing authority take your qualifications into account when deciding if you meet the criteria for a particular occupation, but at what stage and by whom does your work experience get assessed? Is this proven purely by references from current/former employers? Help, I'm confused!

Hi :D

It is at the first stage of your application that your trade must be recognised by Trades Recognition Australia (TRA) which should take between 2-3 months. We have just lodged ours and have been told it is currently taking approx 6 weeks.

After this stage we will be told which areas will be willing to sponsor us.

What is your trade :?:

Best of luck G+Z

Thanks G + Z. I will be applying under the life scientist category which is assessed by VETASSESS. They only appear to want to see degree certificates. Do all occupations go through the TRA? I've never heard of them before.

:D There are apparently different assesment organisations for different trades

You may find information from the Australian Academy of Science.

GPO Box 783

Canberra

ACT 2601

Australia. Tel+61 2 6274 5777

Email eb@science.org.au

Web http://www.science.org.au

I hope this will help G+Z :D:D

Where are you hoping to relocate. :?:

Goods Luck

Thanks G + Z. I will be applying under the life scientist category which is assessed by VETASSESS. They only appear to want to see degree certificates. Do all occupations go through the TRA? I've never heard of them before.

You are correct - your assessment is done by VETASSESS, not the TRA. (Website below)

Address Qualifications Assessment Unit

Level 4

478 Albert Street

EAST MELBOURNE VIC 3002

AUSTRALIA

VETASSESS

GPO Box 2752

MELBOURNE VIC 3001

AUSTRALIA

Telephone

Fax

Website