struggling with top up degree!! Can't see any other option for Ahpra??

Nursebucko

Hi all,

I am in the process of my 189 visa, already lodged and waiting for grant. After last year hearing all the terrible news about the AHPRA changes, I am a diploma he nurse, so I knew it was going to have to be bridging course or I topped up.

I didn't think I would logistically be able to do the bridging course when getting over there, as I need to earn money as soon as we get there, and the cost of the bridging course in addition is shocking!

So I opted for going with open uni here and to do their top up degree in just a year. Then applying for ahpra.

Well i have to say Im really struggling to do two modules back to back on top of working full time! The amount of work I have to do is ridiculous!! I keep saying to myself, just crack on so nearly there...one more hoop to jump through...but it's easier said than done. I have 2 kids and a job that supposed to give me 3 x 12 hr shifts a week, but rarely does (good old nhs) this week alone I'm doing 5!

I don't get hardly any chances to study but when I do sit down, I look at the sheer quantity they are wanting from me...and I just don't have it in me...

was was just wondering if anyone had any ideas or experience of bridging courses over there, as I'm starting to think of possibly finding a way of making that work??

any advice would be much appreciated...

sarah

I did an OU course some years back, and I remember it ate all my free time. I don't have kids, and my job back then varied between part and full time. So you have my sympathy.

Doesn't the OU year run from January to January? If so, you're nearly there. If not, would it be worth dropping one module, and hold off Oz for another 12 months?

Archived