Mechanic moving to Perth, Options to ship toolbox and possibly bike.

gw88

Hi guys, so I'm hoping to be starting my new job in Perth January/February. I need to ship my toolbox out there from Pembrokeshire in Wales. Top chest and roll cab in total are approx 5'4" in height and 43" wide, 20" deep. Unsure of weight as i have no way to weigh it, maybe 500-750kg. Can anyone advise me on shipping such an item? Unsure of total value but it would be £7000-£10,000 approx.

Also I'm an contemplating shipping my Triumph street triple out there as well. Bike weighs about 250kg. What other factors are there to consider after shipping a bike to OZ, such as registration and other legal stuff?

Any help much appreciated!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How did you get in with the move cube? I have a width and a half top box and roll cab full of tools to go.

How meticulous where you with cleaning your tools? Have spent days doing mine, but even so they still look grubby!

What size tool box did you take?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Pickfords are coming to pick up my toolbox at the end of the week. Are you allowed to take hammers with wooden handles or do they have to be checked over by customs. How far does this no wood rule go??

Archived