Student Visa to 186 ENS Direct Entry

axn992

Have you finished your course? I would consult a good migration agent on this one. I know for the rsms lots of students were refused if their course hadn't finished, even if the qualification they had was normally enough to get a visa.

I'd recommend alan from go Matilda or raul who posts on the forums too.

If you have no conditions on your Student visa that prevent an application for a different visa, I believe you can apply for another visa though you may be required to finish your course before you do. Take advice from a good RMA on that point. If you are not required to finish your course, you can be sponsored for a Direct Entry 186 visa provided:

• you have acceptable qualifications in an occupation on the CSOL

• you have 3 years full time work experience in that occupation

• you have a positive skills assessment from the authority responsible for assessment of your occupation

• you meet the English language requirements

• you are nominated by an approved employer

If you lodge an onshore visa application, you will be granted a Bridging visa that will enable you to stay in Australia until a decision is reached but the BV will only take effect when your Student visa expires, not if it is cancelled for any reason. Until the BV takes effect, you must continue to comply with all conditions attached to your Student visa e.g. attendance, academic requirements, work conditions etc.

If you have no conditions on your Student visa that prevent an application for a different visa, I believe you can apply for another visa though you may be required to finish your course before you do. Take advice from a good RMA on that point. If you are not required to finish your course, you can be sponsored for a Direct Entry 186 visa provided:

• you have acceptable qualifications in an occupation on the CSOL

• you have 3 years full time work experience in that occupation

• you have a positive skills assessment from the authority responsible for assessment of your occupation

• you meet the English language requirements

• you are nominated by an approved employer

If you lodge an onshore visa application, you will be granted a Bridging visa that will enable you to stay in Australia until a decision is reached but the BV will only take effect when your Student visa expires, not if it is cancelled for any reason. Until the BV takes effect, you must continue to comply with all conditions attached to your Student visa e.g. attendance, academic requirements, work conditions etc.

For 186 visa, I need to be accessed by ACS (software engineer) which requires me to have at least 1 year of work experience after i graduate.

I don't think i will be eligible for this visa.

A 457 would be your only possibility but even that will be a problem if you haven't already graduated. 457s don't require skills assessment but they do require you to have qualifications or acceptable work experience in place of those qualifications.

Yeah. 457 it is then.

I really annoyed that ACS will not access my working experience before I graduate.

How about the 189 Skilled Independent visa? Do i need to get my skills accessed for that?

Yeah. 457 it is then.

I really annoyed that ACS will not access my working experience before I graduate.

How about the 189 Skilled Independent visa? Do i need to get my skills accessed for that?

Yes, you need skills assessment for any points tested visa i.e. 189, 190 or 489.

And the ACS require you to have at least 2 years relevant post-qualification work experience in order to get a positive skills assessment. Your 'skill requirement met date' will date from the end of the two years and you can only claim points for experience after that date.

Yeah. 457 it is then.

You are officially not qualified before you graduate... It's the same for everyone.

Archived