Can my brother be sponsor for my visa

metalfab

Hi

I’m an Irish passport holder living and working in an engineering company in Ireland for 14 years.

My younger brother is an Australian citizen, he set up an engineering company in Australia (vic) living and working there for 10 years.

I would like to move to Australia just myself and help my brother develop his business.

Can my brother invite me to Austarlia under family stream categories visas?

Can my brother be sponsor for my visa

I’m 38 years old

No criminal records

No health problem

thanks

Processing time for a Remaining Relative visa which is the only possible Family Stream visa, is estimated to be 56 years (NOT a typo!) so your only real chance of getting to Australia to help him develop his business is as a skilled immigrant. Depending on your occupation, you may be able to get an independent or state sponsored points tested visa or his company may be able to sponsor you for an employer sponsored visa. Or, it may be that you are not eligible for any visa.

What is your occupation? Is it on the SOL or CSOL? What are your qualifications? Would your brother's company ordinarily employ workers in that occupation?

http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/skilled-occupations-lists/skilled-occupations-lists.aspx

If he has an engineering company, i would think sponsoring you on a 457 (temporary work visa) or a permanent sponsored skilled visa (i forget the subclass) might be a better way to go. Family streams tend to take forever.

Talking to a migration agent might be worth it in this case.

Archived