Migration visa

Charlie m

No. You don't apply for bridging visas. They are issued automatically if you apply for a substantive visa while onshore and also being on a substantive visa. If that visa is an off shore visa then you just have to leave when your tourist visa expires.

No. You don't apply for bridging visas. They are issued automatically if you apply for a substantive visa while onshore and also being on a substantive visa. If that visa is an off shore visa then you just have to leave when your tourist visa expires.

Thanks am I led to beleive the following. Apply for holiday visa s then while in oz apply for 600 then apply for 143 bridging visa already kicked in. Confused.com:cool: As I say we would rather be in oz than here :huh:

Mmmm, it's a bit confusing. It looks like you can only apply and get a bridging visa if:

You can be in Australia (but do not have to be) when the visa is decided if you are one of the following:

the holder of a Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 173)

the holder of a Tourist visa (subclass 676) or Visitor visa(subclass 600) granted through ministerial intervention

a member of the family unit of a Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 173) holder.

In all other cases, you must be outside Australia when the visa is decided.

I'm not sure why the 600 needs to be granted through ministerial intervention though?

Archived