Only child dilemma......

Gerrards

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My heart completely goes out to you. It really is awful what they are doing and NO you shouldn't have to apologise for going but you did (how gracious of you!). They are acting in a very immature manner which is damaging and hurtful to all of you, including the grandchildren. I agree with you, that you have done everything possible and you can go with the knowledge that you gave it your all and they have turned their back on you. It has really, really upset me this, I cant believe what you are having to go through and you sound such a lovely person. You will be in my prayers tonight, sending you all my love and be strong!!!!

I really feel for you, but it does sound like they have forced your hand in telling the kids.

Its hard, but now you should just concentrate on what goes in under your own roof - at the end of the day, what goes on within your four walls is the most important thing. It sounds awful but your parents will not be around for ever and if you give up on your dreams because of them you will regret it when you look back.

Good luck xx

• 3 weeks later...

We were granted our 189 visa on 23rd December, been a nice early Christmas present! Heading to Gold Coast in February.

I survived my first Christmas in 41 years (hubby says that's weird in itself!) without any contact from my parents. It's been actually quite enjoyable,and the first one my husband has spent with his mum in 23 years!! It snowed today to and that was lovely.

I'm obviously sad my parents stubbornness has let a Christmas go by but that is there choice. Here is to, I'm sure a challenging but enjoyable 2015.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on your visa delighted for you! Hope you got through the Christmas ok and are looking forward to your move. I think of you often hope you are doing ok. You must be busy now getting ready for the big move. We hope to be out later in the year. Anyway just wanted to wish you a Happy New Year and may 2015 bring you an abundance of happiness xxx

Archived