Skills verified

princess1

I am beginning the process of applying for a 189 visa skilled migration. My job is on the SOL and after speaking briefly with an agent, I have decided to try and do the application myself. The query I have is when I get to the evidence of paid employment, as I am self employed I do my own tax, what would be recommended to prove I received payment. ie can I send old tax returns, or bank statements etc. What did any other self-employed people use to prove they received wages. Thanks

Hi there, yes you can send tax returns and bank statements. That is what we have sent for a 189. :cute:

Thanks Rose. Do you think I should send all 5 years tax returns and what about bank statements? How many months did you send? Its just to prove we get paid isnt it? Many thanks x

We just sent 3 tax returns and 3 bank statements, all still going through now so not heard result yet. I'm assuming it's enough as they did contact us for certified copies of certificates even though they were in colour so I'm guessing if 3 wasn't enough they would of said then.

Yes I think so we send them just to prove you are doing the job you are qualified in.

It's my other half that's the main applicant but I'm doing all the work. :wink: X

Tax returns and bank statements may not necessarily prove that you are working in the nominated occupation. Depending on the occupation, there may be other documentary evidence which can be provided to show that you are working and being paid for work in the nominated occupation (and performing the required tasks for the occupation which is what DIBP are looking for) - for example, in some occupations you may have entered into contracts with clients/customers - you could include copies of some of these; or for other occupations, there may be people or organisations who you regularly do work for, and in these circumstances, letters or stat decs from these people can confirm that you perform the tasks associated with the occupation that DIBP are looking for and that you get paid for performing the occupational tasks which DIBP are looking for evidence of. Tax returns and bank statements will show that you are earning money, but you should try to show that the money is being earned performing the specified tasks of the nominated occupation.

Tax returns and bank statements may not necessarily prove that you are working in the nominated occupation. Depending on the occupation, there may be other documentary evidence which can be provided to show that you are working and being paid for work in the nominated occupation (and performing the required tasks for the occupation which is what DIBP are looking for) - for example, in some occupations you may have entered into contracts with clients/customers - you could include copies of some of these; or for other occupations, there may be people or organisations who you regularly do work for, and in these circumstances, letters or stat decs from these people can confirm that you perform the tasks associated with the occupation that DIBP are looking for and that you get paid for performing the occupational tasks which DIBP are looking for evidence of. Tax returns and bank statements will show that you are earning money, but you should try to show that the money is being earned performing the specified tasks of the nominated occupation.

Thanks for the help. I am a dental hygienist and work for Bupa so have to go through vetassess to get my skills assessed. I have a transcript etc of my degree, contract of employment from Bupa and work history duties etc ie employment evidence. I know I have to sit an exam in Australia once my visa or EOI is accepted. Can a dentist certify my documents and what documents do you have to get certified? Many thanks x

Archived