Query

Feejay

I am just in pipeline of obtaining a subclass 189 PR visa, Lodged the visa application, Meds about to be done, so wanted clear few queries

1) Are there any requirements for sufficient funds on this visa category [subclass 189]?

2) How soonest one is able to obtain social security payments after landing, ?

3)I am satellite ground station engineer with speciality in VSAT Antenna and RF/IF systems. Which state/city will be suitable for me to land into?

I am just in pipeline of obtaining a subclass 189 PR visa, Lodged the visa application, Meds about to be done, so wanted clear few queries

1) Are there any requirements for sufficient funds on this visa category [subclass 189]?

2) How soonest one is able to obtain social security payments after landing, ?

3)I am satellite ground station engineer with speciality in VSAT Antenna and RF/IF systems. Which state/city will be suitable for me to land into?

1. No.. but you would be seriously negligent to not plan ahead and bring some cash to keep you going until you get a suitable job, I'd think.

1. No.. but you would be seriously negligent to not plan ahead and bring some cash to keep you going until you get a suitable job, I'd think.

How much should cash should I bring in? , I have done a brief homework regarding my employment scope and found that Perth, WA is place where I can get my relevant job easily [Antenna RF/VSAT systems, Satellite Communication/Engineering etc],

But getting a job as soon as possible is something uncertain and is totally on luck, so i might have to start-up with an odd job?

can you tell me, how sooner one can get an odd job that is sufficient enough for food and living?

Reply be highly appreciated

When choosing how much cash, I'd work out what you currently need to live on and allow for at least 3 months if you are the main earner. We were lucky my husband got a job really quickly, but I am struggling to even get interviews due to the high level of applications in my field.

When choosing how much cash, I'd work out what you currently need to live on and allow for at least 3 months if you are the main earner. We were lucky my husband got a job really quickly, but I am struggling to even get interviews due to the high level of applications in my field.

I guess i can make it early too tina, my field is under a favorable law of economy out there :) , less supply and more demand, however three months seems better :), lets hope for the best :)

I guess i can make it early too tina, my field is under a favorable law of economy out there :) , less supply and more demand, however three months seems better :), lets hope for the best :)

Personally I'm aiming for far more than 3 months salary. Whilst I'm even going to be staying with my sister initially and therefore have almost no cost in that respect, I'm very cautious about having some capital to allow me to buy things straight away. A car for example, or the bond for a new apartment, furnishings etc etc.

Depends what you bring with you, and what you plan to leave behind I suppose. And also where you plan to stay initially, whether you have a job lined up. Still, I'd rather be stuck indoors just now saving than out of pocket when I hit Oz :)

Personally I'm aiming for far more than 3 months salary. Whilst I'm even going to be staying with my sister initially and therefore have almost no cost in that respect, I'm very cautious about having some capital to allow me to buy things straight away. A car for example, or the bond for a new apartment, furnishings etc etc.

Depends what you bring with you, and what you plan to leave behind I suppose. And also where you plan to stay initially, whether you have a job lined up. Still, I'd rather be stuck indoors just now saving than out of pocket when I hit Oz :)

Glad to hear that you've somebody out there who can help you in limiting your expenses :). Personally, I also have a cousin brother living with his family in Sydney NSW, his presence is simply comparable to no presence at all haha, which means I am all alone with so much expenses to be dealt with. I am saving my salary for a couple of months with expending mostly on the needs rather than "wants". $10k would be better for me i guess.

My target location is Perth, since I've seen couple of job openings concerning my field. I also applied to those postings and got contacted by the employers/recruiters but later on not preferred because of not having a legal status to work and live. Employers not keening these days to entertain offshore applicants by granting a 457/489 type visas, guess they think of it as an overhead. Strange thing I observed was same job openings being posted again and again, seems like they ain' getting anybody else to fill it up, but still they feel investing on an offshore candidate as more expensive then letting the post remain vacant lol.

Shared accommodation would work fine for me initially. A car to me, is an entity to be bought after acquiring a full time job :)

Glad to hear that you've somebody out there who can help you in limiting your expenses :). Personally, I also have a cousin brother living with his family in Sydney NSW, his presence is simply comparable to no presence at all haha, which means I am all alone with so much expenses to be dealt with. I am saving my salary for a couple of months with expending mostly on the needs rather than "wants". $10k would be better for me i guess.

My target location is Perth, since I've seen couple of job openings concerning my field. I also applied to those postings and got contacted by the employers/recruiters but later on not preferred because of not having a legal status to work and live. Employers not keening these days to entertain offshore applicants by granting a 457/489 type visas, guess they think of it as an overhead. Strange thing I observed was same job openings being posted again and again, seems like they ain' getting anybody else to fill it up, but still they feel investing on an offshore candidate as more expensive then letting the post remain vacant lol.

Shared accommodation would work fine for me initially. A car to me, is an entity to be bought after acquiring a full time job :)

Agree with respect to the car. I won't be buying one until I assess there is a need for one. I'll only be with my sis for 3 weeks, so need to get a job fast. To be fair, your experience with applying for a job are kind of what I'd expect so I'm just waiting until I arrive (even though I have my 189 now).

Agree with respect to the car. I won't be buying one until I assess there is a need for one. I'll only be with my sis for 3 weeks, so need to get a job fast. To be fair, your experience with applying for a job are kind of what I'd expect so I'm just waiting until I arrive (even though I have my 189 now).

Yes, that's the effective strategy. Applying onshore totally changes the situation.

Archived