AHPRA then ANMAC

jac2011

Can I ask a question.

If I apply to AHPRA and get my registration prior to applying to ANMAC then can I apply for the modified assessment? I am presuming as I haven't presented to AHPRA in person I wont be able too, but thought another nurse may have located this information themselves?

It's almost worth flying over for a few days for the price difference!

Hi jac2011,

I think if you get your AHPRA registration then yes, you are able to just do the modified assessment for ANMAC. I emailed them the other day with a very similar query, and their response seemed to indicate this was the case anyway! I am in the process of gathering all the relevant information, then am going to send my AHPRA application off asap. Hope this helped :)

Hi, you will need to present personally to AHPRA once they send you the eligibility letter. The letter will give you the latest date you have to come to the office in person to verify your identity. It's one year fro the time you are eligible for registration ( at least that was the case in 2012-13). We didn't have a PR at that time and asked for extension which AHPRA wasn't willing to grant. At the end we took a vacation and validated the license rather than having to go through the registration process again.

Can I ask a question.

If I apply to AHPRA and get my registration prior to applying to ANMAC then can I apply for the modified assessment? I am presuming as I haven't presented to AHPRA in person I wont be able too, but thought another nurse may have located this information themselves?

It's almost worth flying over for a few days for the price difference!

Hi !,

I managed to get my APHRA registration without presenting in person (I'm from UK) they asked me for more documents to prove ID again (certified) and then I got my registration details over internet and was posted my initial registration document. Not sure if it might depend where you live as I certainly didnt really want to fly over from UK for a number that technically could be done over the internet! A massive expense.

I then completed a modified skills assessment for ANMAC :-)

Thanks Shelz, that's the news I have been hoping for. Lets hope they do the same for me! I think my registration should be back prior to me applying to ANMAC so that would be great news. Now to just wait and see. It's certainly a big price difference.

• 3 months later...

I went for the full and I am glad I did, Things with AHPRA seemed really unorganaised on the NMC and AHPRA fronts and despite trying to prepare to get it done quickly I am currently at month 4 in waiting. They kept requesting additional documents despite passing through initial checks saying all documents were present. They stated they hadnt received certain forms from NMC and then refused to communicate between each other. Every time I contacted them it would take a week for them to reply.

I wanted my visa soon so I didnt want ANMAC delaying. And I heard that the modified does not speed up the process.

Archived