Tips for People on their way!

Guest Nelson

Guest Nelson

First of all, this is my opinion and I know everyone's different!

1.. We brought a whole container load of stuff but, I still wish we had brought EVERYTHING!

2.. Use of the internet varies enormously in price from free to $10 per hour that we have come across.

3.. I definitely wish we had brought the pc and laptop.

4.. Check out car prices before you get here - it will make bargaining so much easier if you have a bit more prior knowlege that I had!! ( I drove a relatively small car in U.K. but have gone for a station wagon here because I no longer have my dad, brother's etc. big car to call on when I need t move washing machine, mattress etc!

5.. Make your appointment for Vic Roads to transfer your U.K. license as soon as you have an address. There was quite a wait for an appointment in our case.. (of course things do change though!!)

6.. Don't be shy to haggle on rent - we negotiated $50 a week LESS and was shocked that they didn't haggle back!

As I tink of other things, I'll let you all know. If you have any specific questions I'll try to give a balanced answer!

All the best to you all,

Krista

Guest spray21

Free internet sounds good, how did you wangle that one? Are there all in one offers over there like here where they include TV, phone internet etc all for one monthly payment?

It's great that you are over there now to give us all this advice! Thank you!

Archived