Chicken pox for a second time

Dawn2002

Hi

Looking for experiences. Or some calming words of advice !

My son and daughter both had chicken pox last year before we left the UK. Hence they were not vaccinated on catch up. My daughter had a couple of odd spots Monday, but not unusual as she often gets them due to her eczema cream. Yesterday I noticed it had spread so I took her to the docs.

He thinks she has chicken pox, he's taken a swab to confirm, said she was unlucky.

This morning it just occurred to me, we are going to Fiji in about 3 weeks, last time it took over a fortnight for my son to get it, so now I'm worried he may get it again to, it took over 2 weeks for him to get over it last time and he suffered really badly with it.

So has anyone experience of kids getting it again ? Especially if it was in Australia. Did just one get it did they pass it on ?

I know it's a bit of a lottery wether he'll get it it not, but I'm having a bit of a panic about the holiday !

Thanks

My eldest daughter got it twice, she was the only one that did. She also got a mild case of measles too. They had all ha their MMR too. She was just unlucky. :)

That is bad luck. I noticed a bit of a suspect spot on my son tonight, so I guess I'll have to wait and see. Still better he gets it now than 2 days before we're supposed to go to Fiji.

Archived