Got my 189...and now?

ndelame

Hello,

i got my 189 visa...amazing!!!!

I go to OZ for 2 weeks in november to "activate it", then I'll move there to settle in august with my girlfriend and daughter.

Does anyone know when am I considered as a "permanent resident"?

As I'll keep working and living outside Australia until august, before "starting my new life", should I take contact with the Australian Social Security and Tax Office since november, or only in august when I'll move ther for good?

Thanks!

Hi,

You are a PR from the minute you receive your visa. You need to validate it within a year of your PCC or Meds, which ever done first. Once you come back you have 5 years to then go back and settle.

You won't have to inform anyone until you actually live there.

Hope this helps

Hello,

i got my 189 visa...amazing!!!!

I go to OZ for 2 weeks in november to "activate it", then I'll move there to settle in august with my girlfriend and daughter.

Does anyone know when am I considered as a "permanent resident"?

As I'll keep working and living outside Australia until august, before "starting my new life", should I take contact with the Australian Social Security and Tax Office since november, or only in august when I'll move ther for good?

Thanks!

I hope you realise you all need to enter Australia to validate your visas; not simply the primary visa holder. Just saying because you've said "I go for 2 weeks..." rather than 'We go...".

The 5 year re-entry rights on your 189s go from the visa grant date, not from the date you validate.

Any chance of a break down of you time line for people reading this thread please? Time of lodge, CO (and team) allocation, MEDs, PCC etc etc that would be really helpful! :)

I'd like to but...I don't know how to proceed to attach this time line as a signature...

Skilled Independent (Subclass 189) IELTS 9/13 - L 8.0 - R 9.0 - W 7.5 - S 8.0 / Engineer Australia Skills evaluation 10/13 / EOI - 11/2013 / Application lodge - 12/2013 / Medicals 02/2014 / VISA Granted - 03/2014

I'd like to but...I don't know how to proceed to attach this time line as a signature...

Skilled Independent (Subclass 189) IELTS 9/13 - L 8.0 - R 9.0 - W 7.5 - S 8.0 / Engineer Australia Skills evaluation 10/13 / EOI - 11/2013 / Application lodge - 12/2013 / Medicals 02/2014 / VISA Granted - 03/2014

Go to the setting tab in the top right. Once there, on the left hand side there is a My Settings box, in there are many other settings one of which is "Edit signature" - past that in there. Hope that helps.

Archived