Just Moved to south west Sydney campbeltown area

Heather0411

I think my niece is living in Mt Annan, but I've not been to her house yet, and I don't know much about the area. I'll see her tomorrow and ask her what the pro's and con's are? I'd be looking for somewhere close to public transport and shopping/services, because chances are, you will need a car, probably two.

I like Camden too, as it has a real 'town' feel, rather than a suburb, but I don't know what it is like commuting to Sydney as there is no railway station? I drove out to my brother's place in Picnic Point on Friday morning about ten am, so after the morning peak but the M5 seemed to be a 'carpark' going into the city. Of course, if you are working in the Campbelltown area, well that takes a lot of the pressure off!

• 3 weeks later...

If your wanting a village feel Emu Plains,St Clair are great areas for a young family.

If more of a town then Penrith plus the fast train will get you in the city in 40 mins.Good private and public schools .

Emu Plains are on the train line and St Clair is right near the M4 takes 45 door to Sydney I leave at 7am and am in class for 8.15am.

Camden is a wonderful place to bring up a family but a bit expensive ....Good luck.

Archived