Applying for RRV while in Australia wil lwe get a 3 month or 12 month etc

Skippy1

Hi, maybe someone can advise as we have spent three days trying to ring Immi and have not been able to get through yet

We have returned to Aus on a 12 month 155 RRV after a long absence. The travel facility was up in March 2014. We arrive just before the travel facility expired in March

We now need to leave for about 10 weeks late October for extended visit to other family over Christmas and need to apply for a new RRV

Will we get another 12 month one or is it possible they could give us only a 3 month one as that would cut things a little tight

Will the travel facility be from when you leave Aus or from the date of grant. I gather its the date of grant

On the website is says if applying from inside Australia it takes one day .........is that correct

I have filled in the online application and it says its ready to submit but not sure if to wait till the week before we leave or not.

We need to book tickets now and just a little concerned they might only issue a 3 month RRV.

If anyone has done this from inside Australia any advice appreciated................Many thanks

Hi, maybe someone can advise as we have spent three days trying to ring Immi and have not been able to get through yet

We have returned to Aus on a 12 month 155 RRV after a long absence. The travel facility was up in March 2014. We arrive just before the travel facility expired in March

We now need to leave for about 10 weeks late October for extended visit to other family over Christmas and need to apply for a new RRV

Will we get another 12 month one or is it possible they could give us only a 3 month one as that would cut things a little tight

Will the travel facility be from when you leave Aus or from the date of grant. I gather its the date of grant

On the website is says if applying from inside Australia it takes one day .........is that correct

I have filled in the online application and it says its ready to submit but not sure if to wait till the week before we leave or not.

We need to book tickets now and just a little concerned they might only issue a 3 month RRV.

If anyone has done this from inside Australia any advice appreciated................Many thanks

We applied for one in Australia in 2012 for my partner and it is valid for 5yrs. However he had pr visa for 30yrs and hadn't left Australia for 20yrs. Not sure if you'd get the same. We however had to go into the immigration office to do it all. He was no longer on the system. The original visa he came on is not around anymore. Girl had to get a supervisor to sort it all out. Was a little bit of a worry. I had called them prior and had no trouble getting through on the phone. Try first thing in the morning avoid lunchtime you'll never get through.

Have you settled in Australia, jobs, somewhere to live? Or have you just been over on a long holiday? You need to show substantial ties, not many of us could take ten weeks to visit relatives because of the various ties of work, school, homes. If there is doubt, then perhaps you will only get three months. But really, there is no way of knowing until you apply. Just apply and see what happens.

I'll answer my own question here for anyone else who may be in the same situation it might be of some help

We got a 12 month one as we thought we would.

Less than two years in Aus you should get a 12 month RRV

More than 2 years in Aus you should get a 5 year RRV

Travel facility is from the date of grant. Suggestion to others leave as late as possible to apply maybe to get the most from the Visa if you are pretty sure you will get it. You only need it for getting back in not for leaving but a good idea to apply just before you go...... not too far in advance

Depends on what information they will need you to supply. Ours was processed and granted in two business days, very impressive turnaround and efficient service. They needed some docs and clarification but we had them all to hand and were able to respond pretty quick with them

Once you submit the form they will then get back to to you let you know what docs they need so it could take longer for other people. You submit the application and pay the fee first :-) They then get back to you and let you know what docs they might need

Our original RRV was granted from London so they did not have access to all our originally submitted docs from here, must not be linked up in that respect, so just bear that in mind.

But i think from here on in if we are applying for another RRV from inside Aus it should be even quicker.

Hope it helps someone else on the same route.........................

• 9 months later...
I'll answer my own question here for anyone else who may be in the same situation it might be of some help

Once you submit the form they will then get back to to you let you know what docs they need so it could take longer for other people. You submit the application and pay the fee first :-) They then get back to you and let you know what docs they might need

Hi Skippy1, thanks mate for your very helpful information I couldn't work out or find out how to submit gathered documents along with my application anywhere on the immi website and didn't want to submit without these. Am now going to submit and fingers crossed will be granted an RRV for 12 months. My situation slightly different as I left for UK before renewing last summer, but have compelling and compassionate reasons for departure and absence.

Archived