Visa 189 vs 190

Ozforus

Hi could someone please clarify what is the key difference between the two visas. Ie why would you choose to go for the state sponsored one ... do you get points towards your application if they say yes to an expression of interest or something?

Sorry this may be really obvious but we cant work it out. The costs are the same for both.

Thanks in advance

Hi Ozforus

I am not good at expressing, but know a little about this two visas. Visa 189 is a independent visa, once your occupation is on the SOL list, and you have got 60 points, you are qualified to apply for this visa. Many of my friends will think about applying for 190 only because they have 55 points, as they can get extra 5 points from the state government sponsorship . But they have to live and work in that state for two years. Go for visa 189 if you are qualified, (age, two years full-time study, four 7 for IELTS test, etc.)

Hope this can be helpful.

Hi 189 is a better visa if you have the full required points and your occupation is on the SOL. It also depends on the quota - how many invites they are giving out to that specific occupation. You can move to any state once you have been granted your visa.

If you are short of points then SS will give you 5 points extra (minimum requirement is 60 points including 5 points awarded by state) but you have to commit to living in the state for a minimum of two years. Also depending on which state you are applying for you have to provide further documentation on details they require i.e. Declaration of your state, funds which you will be talking with you, research of jobs available in the state which relates to your occupation.

Hope this helps.

Archived