Airport Taxis

Guest Gollywobbler

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi all

My Mum needs to go from Hedge End (ner Southampton) to Heathrow this coming Saturday - 7 October. We don't know yet whether my OH will be able to help out with his Volvo estate because he is a Marine Superintendent and his availability will depend on the ships. He won't know for sure whether he can help until the day before.

Mother is driving me pear-shaped today with her plans for her bloody luggage. I curse the day that I mentioned the 40kg baggage allowance to her. I really do!

I have had a quote of £90 to go 70 miles from Hedge End to Heathrow on Saturday morning. That seems steep to me. Has anyone else had any quotes in this neck of the woods or can anyone recommend a company/one-man band who is reliable and could assist, please?

Thanks

Gill

Guest Fraser
Hi all

Hedge End (near Southampton) .....

Gill

Wow, Hedge End? That brings back memories!

My mate used to live in a terraced Wimpey house in Hedge End.

What I remember best is a magnificent Indian restaurant in a neaby village (Name beginning with "B"?) that had a large sign in the window saying "We don't make curries! We carefully mix spices to creat magnificent Indian food"

Yummy!

Decent Indian and Mexican Food... That's what is missing in Oz.

8)

[What I remember best is a magnificent Indian restaurant in a neaby village (Name beginning with "B"?) that had a large sign in the window saying "We don't make curries! We carefully mix spices to creat magnificent Indian food"

Yummy!

Decent Indian and Mexican Food... That's what is missing in Oz.

8)

Might have been Bursledon?

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi both

I've heard that the Purbani in Botley - over towards Bishops Waltham & Wickham - is said to be very good, though I haven't gotten around to trying it myself.

Cheers

Gill

Mexican Food... That's what is missing in Oz

You'd better get yourself up to Sydney. Loads of great Mexican places here (loads of rubbish ones as well :lol: )

Guest Fraser
Hi both

I've heard that the Purbani in Botley - over towards Bishops Waltham & Wickham - is said to be very good, though I haven't gotten around to trying it myself.

Cheers

Gill

Yup, That was it... Botley! The food was seriously top class. :P

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Fraser

Thanks for the tip. We'll go and check out the Purbani in Botley sometime soon.

Meawnhile Mum's luggage problem is solved! OH can't come to the airport because they're expecting a ship tomorrow morning. However, I set about Mum's packing yesterday and even the two suitcases I've packed are not full, so she definitely doesn't need three of the damned things.

OH & I did a dry run with the luggage + mobility aids last night and it does all fit in my Golf. Apparently the ship won't arrive until 11am, so OH is going to be dragged out of bed at 5am to help me to load up the Golf.

I'm not worried about the airport end of things because disabled passengers are entitled to a free Skycaps porter at Heathrow. I used them for Mum a couple of years ago and a guy called Ranjit could not have been more efficient or more helpful.

Cheers

Gill

Archived