World's best gelato in Enmore

Naomi from Manchester

Cow and The Moon on Enmore road, apparently.

I do like it there, but I'm a tad surprised - best in the whole wide world!

I was last there 3 weeks ago and none of the flavours really grabbed me. (I do still sometimes think about their hot cross bun flavour from April).

Will have to pop in again tomorrow.

http://mobile.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/cow-and-the-moon-win-worlds-best-gelato/story-fneuz8zj-1227051238876

Gelato and ice cream (or is 'ice-cream' too 'common' now?) shops seem to be increasing around here. There is one, Messina, I think it's called in Crown St near The White Horse, that has huge queues, which means that, I, of course, refuse to go there. In my cynicism, I believe that the 'trendies' text and phone each other, to make sure the queue is long enough to warrant them seeing and being seen!? I guess, my inner 'chav' tells me that if I want an ice cream I'd rather just get a Magnum or a Heaven from a 7-11.

No mate, no!

I understand where you're coming from but the flavours at Messina are truly out of this world! I still think about one of the weekly specials a few months back; 'Ode to Zeno' - rose water gelato with crushed pistachio, whipped cream and rose water soaked brioche.

I'm able to go mid week during the day so I've never had to Q and they don't mind me taking my time to try lots of flavours before deciding.

Please, do yourself a favour! Give it a go and report back! I defy you not to be impressed.

I think that gelato has a different texture from ice cream, it's a bit more gloopy, but essentially it is just the Italian version. (I think, I may be wrong).

I also had some great ice cream at Kangaroo Valley last weekend, there's a couple of shops there where they take great pride.

However, my local, Gelato Blue in Newtown, will always be my favourite and most frequented.