VIC State Sponsorship Query

freaks74

Hi all

I have a bit of query... We are just about to do our IELTS, other than that have everything ready to go, pending getting the right IELTS results (everything crossed) we are going to apply for a 190 with Victoria, we don't want to go anywhere else as my brother and his family live in VIC and my other half is a Cabinet Maker with over 15 years experience which is on their skills list. We are using an agent and I am a bit confused about whether we should apply for state sponsorship with VIC first and then submit EOI or submit EOI and tick VIC for state sponsorship. I have heard that VIC are quite picky so can anyway advise the best way forward, our agent has said that there doesn't appear to be any preference from VIC either way but I as we don't want to go with any other state I want to make sure we get it right. If anyone else has any tips about info to provide to VIC for state sponsorship or guidance I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Anna

HI we are in the process of doing similar,

Our agent submitted the EOI and State Sponsorship application at the same time. When state sponsorship was granted, Victoria officially informed DIBP of the Victorian nomination by nominating the EOI application in SkillSelect. You should then receive an invitation to make a visa application from DIBP.

Archived