Interview with Government and state officals

Guest wheresthesun

Guest wheresthesun

Hi all,

Firstly let me take this chance to greet everyone.Thank goodness this site is so helpful and has answered alot of questions.However i have a question.Please help!

I have been invited to an "Australia Needs Skills Expo",in London.

I completed a online form and have been invited to the expo.There will be both governmet and private sector officals present.

The invite stated that although i was not accepted ,it was good indication that my skill is reqired and i may be successful.

Can anyone shed some light on the following,If i am successful:

1.How long could it take start to finnish,to secure the needed visa,s etc.

2.Given the choice , which sector should i accept a job from.Are they pros or cons.

3.Lastly we have a 18yr old young lady living with us.She is neither family or adopted by us.However we want to take with us,if it is possible.

Please put a tried mind to rest!

Regards.

Wheresthesun

Guest xxsweetpeaxx

Hi,

I am going to the expo also, and then started a manic search for all things Australian! I figured because we only have an hour and a half it is important to have the questions ready and to talk to only the relevant people, but then I realised..What are the questions I should be asking?!

I also have the same questions that you hopefully will get replies to, and am also very pleased I found this site! ( apart from q.3 of course)

I did find a post I think in this site regarding a previous expo, they said it wasnt great depending on your trade, great if you are in the medical field, but was useful in general, and came away armed with tons of leaflets and the desire to apply on their own rather than use a agent. Another said they found a sponser while at the expo.

I have spent hours now trawling through all the posts on here gathering information, but one problem I am finding because this is all so new to me is the jargon! Tons of it..!!

One question I would like to know the answer to is, if I get a employer to sponser me, are the processes of application the same?

Good Luck,

Pea,x

Guest xxsweetpeaxx

Hi,

I am going to the expo also, and then started a manic search for all things Australian! I figured because we only have an hour and a half it is important to have the questions ready and to talk to only the relevant people, but then I realised..What are the questions I should be asking?!

I also have the same questions that you hopefully will get replies to, and am also very pleased I found this site! ( apart from q.3 of course)

I did find a post I think in this site regarding a previous expo, they said it wasnt great depending on your trade, great if you are in the medical field, but was useful in general, and came away armed with tons of leaflets and the desire to apply on their own rather than use a agent. Another said they found a sponser while at the expo.

I have spent hours now trawling through all the posts on here gathering information, but one problem I am finding because this is all so new to me is the jargon! Tons of it..!!

One question I would like to know the answer to is, if I get a employer to sponser me, are the processes of application the same?

Good Luck,

Pea,x

Guest wheresthesun

Hi,

Cool another person tossing and turning every night,no sleep only dreams.Ha ha ha.

I have trawled hundreds of sites and i have gathered that the Aussie government allow around 120 000 migrants a year.Last year we,"poms"were the highest group accepted ,around 22000.

I think our questions should be based on,and and i know i might be wrong,on what they can offer.ie.

Salary

Position

Housing

Transport

Generally i think,we can ask just about everything,i guess we are interviewing them too.

I have taken faith in the fact that we have a good chance of being sucessful,or else we would not have being invited.

Fingers crossed

Wheresthesun

Archived