Experience and points and ANMAC

Jilldesp

Hi, just wondering if anyone can clear this up for me cos I'm really stressing at the moment:(

I am registered with APHRA and my modified assessment is going through; however, I have made an error on the form which I need to tell them about so that is worrying me. Secondly, I have 18 years experience as a midwife but I have worked various hours during this time. Initially I was full time for 5 years, then 22.5 hours for 4 years, then I went to 15 hours for child are reasons; however I did loads of extra shifts as a midwife and a nurse during this time. Then in 2010 I went back up to 22.5 hrs and this year back up to 30 hrs. I have continued to to extra shifts throughout and have done teaching hours at the university as an associate lecturer for the past 18 months.

Basically what I want to know is: will the points only consider the last 3 years? Will my 18 years be mostly disregarded?

if that is the case, my points will be short! What other options will I then have?

also do ANMAC require just 36 months of experience when doing a modified assessment?

Phew sorry for the long post but I'm freaking out!

thanks to anyone with advice xxx

Hi there

Not sure how they will calculate your points but if you work over 20 hours per week thats generally classed as full time. If you are short on points you can probably do the Ielts tests just for points. At least you are ahpra registered....thats the sticking point for most people at the moment!

Thanks for that. Do you think they will consider my extra shifts for me to get the full points for experience? I have done the ielts but only get 15 points for age. I have a degree as well so just need the 20 for experience. If they only give me 3 years that's only 1:(. Do u know how many years ANMAC need proof of? I think it's 36 months but not totally sure

thanks,

jill x

I don't know sorry. My anmac was fairly straightforward because I had worked for the same employer for over 10yrs and never less than 20 hours. I had to have a reference verifying those hours etc. Why don't you run it by an agent for advice. Initial consult often free. I have a degree aswell as diploma but couldn't claim extra points for that. What visa are you going for?

Permanent residency, 189 same as u! My employer has been the same for last 15 years, it's just I made a mistake with the year I went to 3 days! I thought it was 2009 but it was 2010! I can't c it being a problem as I'm sure loads of people must make errors! I've sent them a HR letter and an apology! Hope that goes down ok

thanks for response x

Archived