Anzsco Skills Assessment

mummyoftwo

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum, and this is my first post.. so I hope I am posting on the correct page etc etc!

I have just created an account after my husband and I finally deciding over the summer holidays here in the UK that we will start planning to emigrate to Oz..

What I cannot seem to find out online is how long should it take approximately for the anzsco skilled assessment to take place before we can express our interest? I would be so grateful if anyone can offer any advice on this!

Our ideal plan would be we move in time for my youngest to start school.. (he turns 3 in November)

Many thanks in advance to all who take time to read this post and reply!

Hi ya, thanks for replying:smile: and not sure if you are going to see two replies pop up.. still not fully used to posting! It would be the CPA, as my husband is a qualified Management Accountant (and we would hope to apply for a Skilled Visa 189). I just can't seem to see anything about timescales on the CPA website.. as you will gather, this is the very early stages for us with our journey! I'd also like to think we are not being unrealistic in being able to move towards the end of 2016 with needing to get this assessment complete, register expression of interest, receive the invite, submit visa application etc Thanks again

Hi ya, thanks for replying:smile: and not sure if you are going to see two replies pop up.. still not fully used to posting! It would be the CPA, as my husband is a qualified Management Accountant (and we would hope to apply for a Skilled Visa 189). I just can't seem to see anything about timescales on the CPA website.. as you will gather, this is the very early stages for us with our journey! I'd also like to think we are not being unrealistic in being able to move towards the end of 2016 with needing to get this assessment complete, register expression of interest, receive the invite, submit visa application etc Thanks again

You couldn't find the time scales? It took me about three seconds to find the timeframe .. I googled "cpa skills assessment timeframe" :wink:

http://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/become-a-cpa/migration-assessment

It might be worth you engaging the services of an agent who can do some of this for you. It is quite a daunting process and if you do not have the time or inclination to wade through websites and so on, the migration agent can step you right through the process.

Think I better put my reading glasses on and have another read through:laugh: I have been reading through the website this morning, admittedly not word for word as have two little ones at home with me! Guess less haste is needed next time before I post lol. We will be engaging with an agent to assist us (like you say it is a daunting process!).. I've just been thinking about the bigger picture lots this week and wondering roughly how long the process will take from start to finish..(and hoping it works with schooling timelines etc) thanks again :smile:

Hi mummyoftwo,

Welcome.. There's quite a few variables that i've noticed over the last year of our process. Many things are, as was previously mentioned, dependent on which skill, where your applying from, what the shortages are like for the different occupations, what country you are from, if you're looking to be sponsored or not... So many things that can vary the time frames.. If everything runs smoothly (and i hope it does), my skills assessment took a couple of months, then my IELTS took a month or two, the EOI only took a couple of weeks and the visa grant was just short of two months for a 189. All in all it took about a year.. Hope this helps.. :)

Hi nearlythere1, thanks for taking the time to reply. It is helpful:) I'd been thinking about when my youngest child would be due to due to start school here in September 2016 (we're based in England) and would like to think he could just start school in Oz instead. Just got to get the ball rolling now and go for it:)

No worries mummyoftwo, I completely understand where you are right now. It's all very daunting at first, there's lots of great advice on here, most people are only too happy to help. You can get a list of MARA registered migration agents in the UK from the Australian Immi website. We used Ian Harrop associates, in Swindon, Jenny Baker there was great. I think the Australian school term starts in January, as they have their summer break over christmas, in our winter.. Might help with the timing.. Hope all goes well for you.. :)

Nearlythere1

Archived