Construction industry during wet season

Leorio

So, we all know that the construction industry is booming in Darwin, but I was wondering if during the rain season it all slows down. :err: Do companies stop hiring tradesmen and labourers during the wet season?

Cause I was planning to arrive there in early October and spend 2 years of WHV working in Darwin, and I need to get a job as a construction labourer as soon as I arrive.

Any info is welcome!

sorry for bad english

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Leorio

Sorry I cannot help you with your query as I do not know anything about the construction industry and have myself only recently arrived here. My suggestion is to repost your query in one of the main forums (check with the moderators which would be best) as many more people will read your post. Someone will definitely help out, the pio is usually good with advice and support. Good luck.

So, we all know that the construction industry is booming in Darwin, but I was wondering if during the rain season it all slows down. :err: Do companies stop hiring tradesmen and labourers during the wet season?

Cause I was planning to arrive there in early October and spend 2 years of WHV working in Darwin, and I need to get a job as a construction labourer as soon as I arrive.

Any info is welcome!

sorry for bad english

Hi Leorio, the wet season can and does have an effect on the work load and will be a problem gaining employment at this time, you may find casual work but then again ther is no guarantee of any continuity.

The company I work for are quite busy there at the moment so you could give them a try, google up 'BMD' for further details.

Good luck