Darwin - some thoughts from a novice

Austrial

Hi all. It's nearly mid October. How are you finding the heat in Darwin? Have you had many storms yet? I am moving up from Brisbane in early February and can't wait!

No rains yet, let alone any storms. The humidity and heat is increasing. If the car is parked in the sun for any length of time, when we get in, till the air con kicks in, we begin to understand what turkeys might be going through on XMas day, only worse, because we live to describe it!

That said, the tropical look; plethora of Outdoor and nature treats; the lilting expectation of dazzling displays of lightning, symphonies of thunder, rain and crashing waves at East Point...makes this build up worthwhile...

The humidity has clearly got me...better cool off with a shower...or I may go into mango madness next!

• 3 weeks later...
Ohh no is the humidity that bad... my hairs going to be very frizzy!!! :no:

We are hoping to be there in May (fingers crossed).Not sure how I will cope with the weather!

Sam

Wonderful showers early this morning...the lightning was continuous at 4am....with intermittent explosive thunder....overall, from the balcony, the picture was like a panoramic night landscape lit up by cosmic fireworks...beautiful, awesome but also scary!

It feels cooler now!

btw...when you come in may, the weather will be gorgeous...it will be dry with little humidity...you will absolutely love it and you will think my post about humidity was entirely fabricated....till you face your first build up in Oct / Nov!

Wonderful showers early this morning...the lightning was continuous at 4am....with intermittent explosive thunder....overall, from the balcony, the picture was like a panoramic night landscape lit up by cosmic fireworks...beautiful, awesome but also scary!

It feels cooler now!

btw...when you come in may, the weather will be gorgeous...it will be dry with little humidity...you will absolutely love it and you will think my post about humidity was entirely fabricated....till you face your first build up in Oct / Nov!

Saw the big storm on weatherzone.com at 3.50 AM and wondered how you liked it...:laugh:

Cheers, Bobj.

Saw the big storm on weatherzone.com at 3.50 AM and wondered how you liked it...:laugh:

Cheers, Bobj.

I loved the storm! Sat out on the verandah at 03:40am savouring the refreshment of it all. Just wish it didn't have to come in the middle of the night!!

Sun coming out now so getting steamy again :(

My airconditioners are not working properly either - repair man coming Friday!!

Hi Bob, I know you are a nature lover, but even then, checking weather station that early? :wink:I hope the thunder in Darwin didn't wake you in Qld:biglaugh:

Another storm is predicted either tomorrow or Friday...if it is during the evening or early night i may go to see the choppy waves...I just love to see stormy seas!

Hi Bob, I know you are a nature lover, but even then, checking weather station that early? :wink:I hope the thunder in Darwin didn't wake you in Qld:biglaugh:

Another storm is predicted either tomorrow or Friday...if it is during the evening or early night i may go to see the choppy waves...I just love to see stormy seas!

Love it, mate.thumbs.gif

Anothery on its way; it is hovering over The Katherine (4.00 AM Qld time)

Cheers, Bobj.