Ahpra how to prove your degree is accredited?

pinknurse83

Hey everyone

Hopefully someone can help, I lodged my ahpra application 4th june. I rang them this morning to see whats going on. The guy said my application was at central board assessment and they may be contacting me regarding my qualification and may need more info from my registration board (which will br nmc) to confirm my bsc degree is equivalent to Australia's? I already had proof of registration sent to ahpra and they had my transcripts from uni erc. So what else could they possibly need? Does anyone have any idea?

Im losing the will to live!! I started the whole skills assessment/visa process last November and still awaiting a decision! ! Will it ever happen! !!????

Thanks x

Not all countries Bachelor degrees are considered equal to an Australian. Notably ones from the sub continent...and other only certain university Bachelor degrees are considered equal...so that is what is being assessed right now. If your degree was from the UK or Canada you will be fine...it's just a box that needs to be ticked.

thank you. Yes mine is uk. I just wondered if there is anything from the NMC I need to request other than verification of my registration in the uk as ahpra keep saying they may need more info to prove my course of study was accredited? Surely the NMC would not register a nurse if there course wasnt accredited. Its all very confusing! Wish id had the money to use an agent ha!! Thank you for your reply x

Guest littlesarah
thank you. Yes mine is uk. I just wondered if there is anything from the NMC I need to request other than verification of my registration in the uk as ahpra keep saying they may need more info to prove my course of study was accredited? Surely the NMC would not register a nurse if there course wasnt accredited. Its all very confusing! Wish id had the money to use an agent ha!! Thank you for your reply x

I'm not a nurse, but am an AHP, and as such our degrees have to be 'accredited' - for me that just meant that my degree program was on their list (even though the uni stopped the program a couple of years after I graduated). I would sit tight and if they want more info find out what they want/need and worry about it then. I don't know if migration agents really deal with registration anyway (for me it was a separate process from my visa application). Try not to stress until or unless you need to!

From what I can remember there was a link on AHPRA's webpage, the one on meeting the criteria & what the criteria are. The link was to a form that the NMC signed to say your course was accredited. Don't know if that's changed though.

From what I can remember there was a link on AHPRA's webpage, the one on meeting the criteria & what the criteria are. The link was to a form that the NMC signed to say your course was accredited. Don't know if that's changed though.

Yes your right. I have done that but whenever I call or email to chase up my application they just reply "we may be in touch regarding additional information"? But nothing specific!! Im sure iv sent everything maybe thats just a bog standard reply!! All I can do is wait!! Frustrating isnt it x

Archived